Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Brother is giving me away...

:)
"Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
~Mumford and Sons
Anniversary

Re: Brother is giving me away...

• edited December 2011
    For anyone else who may be looking, I've stumbled across a lot of lists that say the same few songs, and I really wasn't feeling most of them for my dance with my brother. I think I've decided on "In My Life" by the Beatles (he always teased my love for Beatles, but I think he'd appreciate these lyrics).

For anyone who is looking for brother/bride songs, though, here's the list that turned up over and over in all of my searches.

Brotherly LoveKeith Whitley & Earl Thomas ConnallyCome DancingThe KinksHe Ain't Heavy, He's My BrotherThe HolliesI Wish You LoveNat King Cole, Natalie Cole, Or Barbara StreisandLean On MeBill WithersMemoryBarbara StreisandRainbow ConnectionKermit The FrogThrough The YearsKenny RogersUnforgettableNat King & Natalie ColeWhat A Wonderful WorldLouis ArmstrongWind Beneath My WingsBette MidlerYou've Got A FriendJames Taylor Or Carole King
    "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    try weddingwire.com

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Maybe try asking your brother if he has a special song in mind? If not, I think any song you like and is meaningful to you, will work.
  • edited December 2011
    My brother is going to be giving me away as well bc my dad has passed away.  I never thought about doing a dance with him though...  I would say, don't feel like you HAVE to.  More power to ya if you wanna go for it though.

I'm gonna youtube all of these songs thought, just in case. (haha)  Who know... maybe I'll change my mind.  Thanks for the song list!
  • edited December 2011
    My little brother 9yrs younger is giving me away as well I am 38yrs old.  I struggled A LOT with this as my dad passed away 3yrs ago and I never imagined he would not have the opportunity to give me away.  When my Dad was dying Kenny Chesney's song "Don't Blink" came out everytime I hear the song it has a special place in my heart for my Dad so my brother & I will dance to that song first then we will do a second song something on the silly side as that is the kind of relationship me and my brother had.  I have got close to my brothers in our adulthood but as kids different story.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards