June 2012 Weddings

My invitations came in!

Yay!! But now I need to address them all so I can send them out Monday...

A caligrapher would be too expensive, so I can either hand write the addresses or print each one indevidually. I have decent handwriting.

Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My invitations came in!

• A main concern is if you think guests would think they look bad if I hand wrote them :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I fed mine through the printer at work because FI and I both have awful handwriting. I was more concerned that the PO wouldn't be able to read the addresses! 

I think if your handwriting is decent, just write them yourself. However printing them wasn't too hard for me because my office printer has a hand feed option. It probably took more time than writing them out by hand though!
  • I have never once thought "OMG look at how horrible that handwriting is" on any piece of mail. I can't even remember if I've ever received an invitation with a label, calligraphy, or printed. I just notice who it's for and open it up. I normally throw the envelope away immediately.

So I'd do whichever one you think is easiest. I handwrote all of mine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_my-invitations-came-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df025593-a5ad-4d4e-9d99-a74890cd97f0Post:c780cab4-2995-4ea6-a6a8-c67d29f5c6ab">Re: My invitations came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never once thought "OMG look at how horrible that handwriting is" on any piece of mail. I can't even remember if I've ever received an invitation with a label, calligraphy, or printed. I just notice who it's for and open it up. I normally throw the envelope away immediately. So I'd do whichever one you think is easiest. I handwrote all of mine.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Haha That is so true!! I am probably overthinking how critical people will be. Thank you. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I fed mine through my printer at home and am more than happy with how they came out =)
  • I used clear labels with a nice font.  I'm pretty sure nobody even noticed.....

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_my-invitations-came-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df025593-a5ad-4d4e-9d99-a74890cd97f0Post:c780cab4-2995-4ea6-a6a8-c67d29f5c6ab">Re: My invitations came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I have never once thought "OMG look at how horrible that handwriting is" on any piece of mail</strong>. I can't even remember if I've ever received an invitation with a label, calligraphy, or printed. I just notice who it's for and open it up. I normally throw the envelope away immediately. So I'd do whichever one you think is easiest. I handwrote all of mine.

agree. My mom, FMIL and I all hand wrote our invitations. Using a calligrapher was an added expense I didn't want. I don't think anyone will notice if you hand write them. I am usually so excited to get wedding invitations in the mail, I hardly ever pay attention to how the address is written.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm printing mine through the printer with a super light colored ink and then tracing over them with a pen so they look handwritten.
  • kelsey - that's an interesting idea!
    I think I'm just going to do mine by hand. There's not too many of them anyway, and I've been told I have a nice handwriting.

I wouldn't worry about it much, as already was said above, most people won't care much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m convinced that people do notice those details, if not consciously then unconsciously.  People enjoy knowing that you did take the time to have it addressed individually.  So, I prefer calligraphy or handwritten and at the very least, individually printed on. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_my-invitations-came-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df025593-a5ad-4d4e-9d99-a74890cd97f0Post:c780cab4-2995-4ea6-a6a8-c67d29f5c6ab">Re: My invitations came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never once thought "OMG look at how horrible that handwriting is" on any piece of mail. I can't even remember if I've ever received an invitation with a label, calligraphy, or printed. I just notice who it's for and open it up. I normally throw the envelope away immediately. So I'd do whichever one you think is easiest. I handwrote all of mine.

Agreed.
  • My mom does calligraphy, so she is addressing mine.  They are GORGEOUS!!
    Anniversary
  • I picked other because I used labels, didn't have to write or print one by one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_my-invitations-came-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df025593-a5ad-4d4e-9d99-a74890cd97f0Post:bec321dd-f320-4e01-9fd6-efae5ab2c05c">My invitations came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!! But now I need to address them all so I can send them out Monday... A caligrapher would be too expensive, so I can either hand write the addresses or print each one indevidually. I have decent handwriting. Thank you!!
    Posted by LoveYouB[/QUOTE]

<div>I voted on printing them from your computer because you can change the fonts and the color ink to your liking. I have pretty decent handwritting and it was suggested to me to handwrite mines but I have uncurable disease called "I'm too d*** lazy to do it" so I'm printing mines or going to Kinkos!</div>
  • Thank you all for your input!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were going to hand address them but it ended up brig cheaper to have the printer that made the invitations print the address. It didn't make sense but I wasn't going to question it and for the time and money I just went with it. It is all color coordinated and fonts match so will look good. I can't wait for them to get here!
  • Ok so I ended up printing all of them ... I handwrote 3 of them and then got all paranoid that I wasn't writing in a straight line so just printed them all and it actually didnt take as long as I thought. I'm so excited to send them out on Monday!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards