Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Where to go dress shopping?

Any suggestions on where to dress shop in the Philadelphia area?? Thanks!

Re: Where to go dress shopping?

• edited December 2011
    I went to la Bella Moda in conshocken
  • edited December 2011
    If you are close enough to Delaware or New Jersey you can save sales tax.

I liked Frank Bernard's and Brides & Grooms in Delaware.

Stay away from Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill, NJ. They are nasty and not too intelligent. The ruined the whole experience for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • kirab2kirab2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

coronet bridal on street road... i think its considered feasterville.    they dont work off of commission and are very nice.  Its not a glamorous store, but its cheaper I think.

January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll second Coronets! It was the first place I tried on dresses and I had so much fun! The staff is great, and my consultant, Charlotte, was the one who actually found my dress! She pulled something I never would have pulled for myself, and I loved it!

I also had a good experience at Irma's in Cherry Hill, although they do get mixed reviews because you don't make appointments, you just show up. Which I thought was nice because I happened to be driving by on a Saturday and could just stop in and look and try a few things on.

And the last place I went was the David's Bridal in Plymouth Meeting. I went as a favor for a friend who works for the main office, so he could see how the store runs. My consultant was perfeclty nice, and I actually liked a lot of the dresses I tried on (and I didn't think I would at all).

Also, if you are willing to buy a sample dress, I would head over to Priscilla of Boston in Ardmore. They are going out of business at the end of December and all of their dresses are marked down, some up to 80% off I think. It might be pretty picked through at this point but when I went a month ago there were still a ton of dresses. Had I not already had mine (went in looking for a BM dress) I probably would have tried stuff on! :)
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an awful experience with Brides and Grooms... I ended up crying in the changing room.

I know there's a lot of crap about David's Bridal, but I had a great experience at the one in Wilmington.  My consultant was wonderful!  And my #1 pick is there.

I went to a small shop in Lancaster county that was great too.  I want to go back since she got new dresses.  Bev's Bridal in Quarryville (I'm from southern chester county so it was close for me).

I heard good things about Frank Benards too I wanna go there soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from Claire's in Wilmington- they were great and its not far from the PA/NJ lines. 
  • ladyweck1017ladyweck1017 member
    edited December 2011
    Sadies on rt 13 in Bensalem!!!!! Cute, small shop and great service!
  • rhandler2rhandler2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bijou in Ardmore is wonderful.  They have a really nice selection that has a lot of options but isn't overwhelming.  The staff was very helpful and they have a wide range of prices as well.  Have fun looking and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't knock David's Bridal either! I tried on dresses from many shops, and ended up back to the first one I tried on at David's! Jay West in Haddonfield, NJ has a lot of dress options and the staff are so nice and accomadting! It's literally right over the  ben franklin bridge, Good luck!
  • wardsawardsa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input! I went to Bijou Bridal and to Sabrina Anns in Ardmore.  Had great experiences at both, and absolutely loved a dress at sabrin anns- have it on hold and think its going to be the one!
  • There is a new Bridal Boutique in Oxford, pa. So adorable, just stopped in and found a couple dresses I'm interested in at an affordable price.

heres their information

1 South 3rd street, Oxford Pa 19363

610-467-1314

• I have been to Jennifer's in Delaware they are awesome! Amazing selection and service and they just opened a second boutique in PA called bride by J. They had some really gorgeous gowns at discounted prices. They are an upscale bridal consignment shop. They had lots of new dresses and some once worn that had been drycleaned. I got the Watters gown I was looking for there for $500 off. Yay me!  I am sure I will spend it somewhere else but I was happy.
  • I had huge issues with Coronet Bridal for bridesmaid dresses.  choose a different store. 
    the owner does not take any responsibility.
    at the end we ended up getting all dresses for free but it wasn't worth the stress.  

the service is awful as well.  at one time we went there with my sister and we had to clip her dress ourselves.  Sales girl didn't show us to fitting room and was just chatting with her friend at the front desk.  when it was time to close, she came over and told us to hurry up as she needs to be somewhere else.  
  • AnnastasiaZAnnastasiaZ member
    edited October 2013
    I also had a bad experience at coronet bridal in bensalem. . The workers were very friendly and helpful when I went however the dresses were so ehh. I know its normal for sample dresses to have wear and tear but the dresses were absolutely filthy the store was a mess I guess if you have patience to look through everything. I went to Davids bridal near Roosevelt mall in Philly the sales women were super nice and helpful I just wast crazy about their gowns. I got my dress from the cherry hill Alfred Angelo shop.. the consultants are so nice I loved Cassandra shes great I just got my gown there this weekend I had an awesome experience there and would recommend to anyone. Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The Country Bride in West Point... it's near North Wales and Lansdale.  So easy and friendly and reasonable prices.  I LOVE my dress and the selection i had.  I also didn't feel rushed.  Before Country Bride we went to Coronet in Feasterville... NO THANK YOU! Good selection of dresses but i did NOT care the girls that worked there.  HIGHLY recommend The Country Bride and Gent! :) happy dress shopping! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards