February 2012 Weddings

Anyone else struggling with the seating chart?

This is so stressful for me, I know its important for your guests to be comfortable and happy with their tablemates, but I feel like there is no way I am not going to disappoint someone. I also am struggling to try and keep the tables the same. I made the mistake and told people who they would be with (BIG MISTAKE) because they all have corrections and suggestions. I just can't win. How have you ladies coped with this?

Re: Anyone else struggling with the seating chart?

• I'm just starting to try and figure this out. But, it is feeling a bit daunting.
  • I'm also just starting this and I'm already stressed! I just keep telling myself that the seats are really only for dinner and then everyone will be up dancing and mingling so I'll do my best but there's no way to keep everyone happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is easy.  Me on one side of the table and my new H on the other!  Eloping does have its perks!  LOL
    Sorry you guys are struggling but like Mo said it is really only for dinner.
    Good luck and don't stress too much!
    imageAnniversary
  • I decided that was one thing I wasnt going to stress over and people can sit where they want. I am doing some reserved seating for vip's (immediate family and spouses of the wedding party since we're doing a sort of traditional head table but not entirely) So THOSE people will have a seating card, everyone else, fends for themselves.
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I started this a long time ago. It's the ONLY thing I did early.

There are a few feuds so I started placing those people at separate tables. The parents table and kids tables wrote themselves.

I was lucky to have only around 105 people so not too many to place. 
  • Mine has worked out very nicely. But I made a point of not telling anyone who they're with that way they cant argue!  Goodluck.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • with as small as my guest list is, i didnt worry about this. i am doing open seating. most of my guests are adults and they can choose where they want to sit. and i want people to feel free to get up and talk to other people.

my former sister in law did this at her wedding and it was terrific to be able to move around as well as choose where to sit down. not even the bridal party was seated separately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_anyone-else-struggling-seating-chart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:a6bee977-5efc-490c-baec-dd70f4b3587cPost:64aeb36a-89d7-46d0-b526-5cfec246a596">Re: Anyone else struggling with the seating chart?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine has worked out very nicely. But I made a point of not telling anyone who they're with that way they cant argue!  Goodluck.
    Posted by AZMagnini14[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I separated mine by sides of the family (making sure FI's entire family separates my divorced parents), then "Fi's Army Buds", "My college friends", "My work colleagues & misc friends", and "knotties"(yes I have a Knottie table with girls from my local board)

Luckily, out the friends I have who don't get along, there is one half of the disagreeing party who declined for one reason or another.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Im trying to keep friends together and family members that get along well and are close in age. I have kids tables too and am keeping age groups close as well. The younger ones I am putting their table by their parents tables so they can still have adult and kid time but be close by if anything happens
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes. But I decided I am going to do the best I can and let it be.
    My concern is that I am only seating those with rsvps. Persons who show up without rsvps are on their own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards