Oregon

DIY Flowers in Bend?

Hi there!

I am getting married at Sunriver in December, and I live out of state. The room where we're getting married is quite remarkable, and I want to keep the flowers simple. White, chrysanthamums, tulips, carnations, etc. I don't want to spend an arm and leg and it seems most of the florists require a $2000 minimum. 

I live in a large city and we have massive flower markets here. Does Bend have anything comparable? I can't/don't want to get them in Portland and bring them over. Any ideas or suggestions for me?

-B

Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?

• There's a Costco in Bend - they have really nice flowers for good prices. 
  • Hi! I'm getting married in Sunriver in November! :) I'm guessing you're doing the Great Hall? There really isn't anywhere to buy flowers here except Costco. My cousin got hers from there for her wedding and they were a really good quality. Also, have you checked out Blue Daffodil? I think her minimum is $1000 and she's amazing! (She's doing my wedding). I know she's not cheap, but well worth the money. There are also several online places you could order and have them delivered. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:a3496765-27c6-4a7c-aa2d-4e3eb9342a0b">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's a Costco in Bend - they have really nice flowers for good prices. 
    Posted by bethbloom[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:ca066130-645b-4c2f-b08e-70d341e7e1a8">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm getting married in Sunriver in November! :) I'm guessing you're doing the Great Hall? There really isn't anywhere to buy flowers here except Costco. My cousin got hers from there for her wedding and they were a really good quality. Also, have you checked out Blue Daffodil? I think her minimum is $1000 and she's amazing! (She's doing my wedding). I know she's not cheap, but well worth the money. There are also several online places you could order and have them delivered. 
    Posted by snowdaisy822[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! I will call Blue Daffodil. My only worry about Coscto is that they won't have what I want or enough of it the day before. I feel like I would worry about that.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks!</div>
  • You can special order what you need, so they should have whatever you want. :) I'm pretty sure they have a huge selection, too. :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:6e57e3f5-4eea-4087-871c-c6363d9c193b">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY Flowers in Bend? : Thank you! I will call Blue Daffodil. My only worry about Coscto is that they won't have what I want or enough of it the day before. I feel like I would worry about that. Thanks!
    Posted by rockinbre[/QUOTE]

<div>You can order them and the store will have them waiting for you whatever day you need.</div>
  • I agree with Costco, check them out online, then call and ask about an order because I have heard they usually can do more than what is shown online, such as different colors, or a specific color tone.  I'm not sure what will be available/in season for December, but they usually have the basics such as roses.  They will deliver a few days before the wedding and have specific instructions on how to handle the flowers.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:8e9d8fea-6276-4dc4-a441-f0603c8032a4">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can special order what you need, so they should have whatever you want. :) I'm pretty sure they have a huge selection, too. :)

<div>Good to know! Thank you!</div>
  • Hi - we are getting married in Bend next month!  We are keeping our flowers simple (white Hydrangeas, Mondail Roses, White Gerbera and Dusty Miller greenery).  I was considering going to DIY route until I got a recommendation for Donner Flower Shop in Bend.  With only 37 days until the weddingthey hashed out a really decent proposal over the phone and email using examples of what I like.  They came in WAYYYY under what my anticipated budget.  Wendi and Dawn have been helping me.  I will post pictures of our bouquets after our honeymoon. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:6439fdb1-826b-4638-b1a9-7f5e1c26b5e1">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - we are getting married in Bend next month!  We are keeping our flowers simple (white Hydrangeas, Mondail Roses, White Gerbera and Dusty Miller greenery).  I was considering going to DIY route until I got a recommendation for Donner Flower Shop in Bend.  With only 37 days until the weddingthey hashed out a really decent proposal over the phone and email using examples of what I like.  They came in WAYYYY under what my anticipated budget.  Wendi and Dawn have been helping me.  I will post pictures of our bouquets after our honeymoon. 
    Posted by sarahistall[/QUOTE]

<div>That is awesome! Thank you for the tip! I found them on Yelp actually and contacted them. They never got back to me with a quote though. My future MIL is offering to do them now and we are going to order wholesale online. She has done it before and I think she'll do a great job (with lots of helpers, of course)!</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks and congratulations to you!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:ca066130-645b-4c2f-b08e-70d341e7e1a8">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm getting married in Sunriver in November! :) I'm guessing you're doing the Great Hall? There really isn't anywhere to buy flowers here except Costco. My cousin got hers from there for her wedding and they were a really good quality. Also, have you checked out Blue Daffodil? I think her minimum is $1000 and she's amazing! (She's doing my wedding). I know she's not cheap, but well worth the money. There are also several online places you could order and have them delivered. 

<div>Thanks! Blue Daffodil does look great! We got a quote from Sara, but really don't want to spend that much. We decided to take the ordering online route since we just want bunches of white tulips in simple vases. Congrats on your wedding! Sunriver is just beautiful. We're excited!</div>
  • Where online is your MIL ordering the wholesale flowers from?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:f492fdde-ade3-4db6-a036-939f90173294">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY Flowers in Bend? : That is awesome! Thank you for the tip! I found them on Yelp actually and contacted them. They never got back to me with a quote though. My future MIL is offering to do them now and we are going to order wholesale online. She has done it before and I think she'll do a great job (with lots of helpers, of course)! Thanks and congratulations to you!
    Posted by rockinbre[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_diy-flowers-in-bend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:a1da4243-c4eb-49eb-a411-8f9702b58c2dPost:993f4df1-2a5b-4901-aa58-6b5c75af558a">Re: DIY Flowers in Bend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where online is your MIL ordering the wholesale flowers from? In Response to Re: DIY Flowers in Bend? :
    Posted by sclarissa[/QUOTE]

<div>We were thinking either WholeBlossoms.com or FiftyFlowers.com. We're going to try a test run soon, to see how long they take to open up. Good luck to you!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards