Snarky Brides

WWSBD? Work related

On Tuesday, some serious shiit hit the fan at my job.  The closing manager wrote up the entire server staff, and two people walked out, and another got fired.  The girl that fired lost her job because she admitted (and multiple people said) to refusing to take tables after a certain time.

This particular girl is going around telling everyone that I showed the managers a FB post of her venting about the company.  Basically that I snitched on her, and that was part of the reason she got fired.  Granted, not very many people like her because of some other shiit she did, but still it pissed me off.  I don't have her on FB anymore (I guess she deleted me).  I'm more pissed that she didn't come to me personally and ask me if I did it.  She is just assuming that I did.  And truthfully, I don't even remember if I did.  I was so exhausted by the time I left Tuesday that I was delrious (I worked 12.5 hours that day).

I never hung out with her outside of work, but we were cool at work.  And like I said, I don't even know if anyone even took her seriously.  The only reason I found out she was talking shiit about me is because one of my friends told me.  If it was really that big of a deal to other people, I would have heard about it before yesterday.

I am tempted to ask the closing manager that was there Tuesday if I did show him something, and if I did, I will apologize for doing it if I ever see her again.  But part of me wants to say fuuck it.  She posted shiit about the company, and it could have been anyone on her FB.

I'm out of there in 2 months anyways.  Quitting a month before the wedding because I don't need the other bullshiit that is going on there too.  By then I'll know when I'm leaving for the Air Force.  Too much drama for me.  

ETA:  Most of the people I work with never mentally left high school, and drama like this is a regular occurrencce.  
knotsigpicture Anniversary

Re: WWSBD? Work related

• I wouldn't do anything. Even if you did show him, you don't have to apologize to her. She doesn't work there anymore and isn't on your FB, so you may never see her again. Good riddance. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • If she got fired then I would just let it go.  There is no reason to bring it up to anyone if you didn't like her and won't see her anymore.
    imageVacation
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I agree with Sarah. She doesn't work there anymore and you guys aren't close so who cares what she thinks?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwsbd-work-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:126ed446-965f-4b6e-88d0-f9677a47d0a6Post:68b222b7-8355-46bb-9b0e-42b4bc9edeef">Re: WWSBD? Work related</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the question?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol, sorry.  I guess my question is should I say anything to her if I see her again?  </div>
  • I wouldn't do anything.  You said you weren't friends with her outside of work anyways.  I will say I find its odd that you can't remember if you did something or not earlier this week. 
  • Don't do anything. You'll just be continuing the drama and putting  yourself in a position that you don't want to be in.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwsbd-work-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:126ed446-965f-4b6e-88d0-f9677a47d0a6Post:8b7001e2-6bc3-4f0f-866c-9d78907a1a71">WWSBD? Work related</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    But part of me wants to say fuuck it.  <strong>She posted shiit about the company, and it could have been anyone on her FB.</strong> I'm out of there in 2 months anyways. 
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]

Yep.  She did something dumb and got caught and is mad about it.  I would just move on with your life. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwsbd-work-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:126ed446-965f-4b6e-88d0-f9677a47d0a6Post:8b7001e2-6bc3-4f0f-866c-9d78907a1a71">WWSBD? Work related</a>:
    [QUOTE]On Tuesday, some serious shiit hit the fan at my job.  The closing manager wrote up the entire server staff, and two people walked out, and another got fired.  The girl that fired lost her job because she admitted (and multiple people said) to refusing to take tables after a certain time. This particular girl is going around telling everyone that I showed the managers a FB post of her venting about the company.  Basically that I snitched on her, and that was part of the reason she got fired.  Granted, not very many people like her because of some other shiit she did, but still it pissed me off.  I don't have her on FB anymore (I guess she deleted me).  I'm more pissed that she didn't come to me personally and ask me if I did it.  She is just assuming that I did.  <strong>And truthfully, I don't even remember if I did.  I was so exhausted by the time I left Tuesday that I was delrious (I worked 12.5 hours that day</strong>). I never hung out with her outside of work, but we were cool at work.  And like I said, I don't even know if anyone even took her seriously.  The only reason I found out she was talking shiit about me is because one of my friends told me.  If it was really that big of a deal to other people, I would have heard about it before yesterday. I am tempted to ask the closing manager that was there Tuesday if I did show him something, and if I did, I will apologize for doing it if I ever see her again.  But part of me wants to say fuuck it.  She posted shiit about the company, and it could have been anyone on her FB. I'm out of there in 2 months anyways.  Quitting a month before the wedding because I don't need the other bullshiit that is going on there too.  By then I'll know when I'm leaving for the Air Force.  Too much drama for me.   ETA:  Most of the people I work with never mentally left high school, and drama like this is a regular occurrencce.  
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If you are being worked so hard/long that you are actually becoming "delirious" (which TBH I'm not sure I really believe), then you have bigger problems than this girl. 

</div>
  • Thanks guys.  I feel like I'm back in high school when I go to work.  Like I said in the OP, I just have to deal with for a couple of more months and then I'm gone.  

To answer your question rach:  I have been working non-stop since last Thursday.  By the time Tuesday night (around 12:30 AM when I finally left), rolled around, I could barely even think straight because I had been up since 8:30 (which is really early for me) and had worked a double because I was training someone that morning.
  • When you see her dont say anything. Just move on!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwsbd-work-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:126ed446-965f-4b6e-88d0-f9677a47d0a6Post:a5428297-778b-4bb7-9655-bcbef50fc986">Re: WWSBD? Work related</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WWSBD? Work related : Goodness. Don't overdo it! And now that I've thought about it, I guess I've had moments like that too. But still think you should let it go.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>I am gonna let it go.  </div><div>
    </div><div>When I looked at my schedule for this week last Friday, I looked at my manager and asked if he was crazy.  I'm working tonight and I'm supposed to close tomorrow, but I'm probably gonna have the night off tomorrow because I'm really close to hitting overtime (with tonights hours and mandatory meeting tomorrow morning).  And they don't let us hit overtime.  And I already had Sunday scheduled off.  9 days in a row of work.  I am exhausted.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwsbd-work-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:126ed446-965f-4b6e-88d0-f9677a47d0a6Post:6b7908dc-c842-4d74-9f87-1209bc84e2a9">Re: WWSBD? Work related</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't do anything. Even if you did show him, you don't have to apologize to her. She doesn't work there anymore and isn't on your FB, so you may never see her again. Good riddance. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I used to wait tables.  I managed to stay out of the drama personally, but it sure was fun to hear all about it :). I've worked at 3 different restaurants as a server.  The high school drama business was the same at all 3.  Good luck in your last months there.</div>
  • This reminds me of a Basketball Wives episode where one of the wives trying to get into the circle "couldn't remember" if she talked some ishh about one of them.. or couldn't remember exactly what she said but yet remembered a bunch of minutia about the day.  Yeah, I'm cool and watch BBall wives... it's whatev.

For real, I'd drop it.  People like that certainly are not worth your time.
  • I don't buy that don't remember if you did it or not. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards