Wisconsin

Rustic Wedding Venue?

Me and my fiance are looking for a rustic wedding venue for ceremony and reception in the Milwaukee/Madison area.  We really want an outdoor ceremony with a country feel.  We really liked the Enchanted Barn in northern Wisconsin but its a little far away. Any ideas?    

Re: Rustic Wedding Venue?

• edited December 2011
    I've never been, but I've seen it mentioned several times on here-- The Schlitz Audobon center in Milwaukee
  • edited December 2011
    Quivey's Grove in Madison
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

The Golden Mast is a beautiful location and I believe they have a spot for and an outdoor wedding. If you really want to get rustic then Old World Wisconsin in Eagle (near Mukwonago) has a barn that was turned into a banquet hall with pretty wild flower gardens around it that guests can stroll through. Think thats as rustic as it gets.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks alot guys!!!  I really liked the Schlitz center based on the website...any more ideas?  Live in NY and coming back to WI to visit wedding venue this summer. 
  • EmilieP311EmilieP311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Badger Farms in Deerfield (25 min east of Madison) might be along the lines of what you're looking for (www.badgerfarms.com)  HTH

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011

I was at an August wedding at Old World WI...Probably the most beautiful one I've been to yet.  It was rustic but not super casual.  Still formal and all of the guests still rave about the venue...and this was in 2006. Happy hunting!

• edited December 2011
    I'm not from Wisconsin, my family is, but the wedding will be there. We wanted a rustic feel as well. We visited a few places and decided to go with the Schlitz. They have quite a few options and the actual "green" building is beautiful. The room is all wood, beautifully varnished wood, big open windows that overlook the lake, and a fireplace. There is also a pavilion and an auditorium you can rent. It's beautiful! Also, all around the "green" building are wildflowers and prairie. It's just outside of Milwaukee. The woman who runs it is a little hard to get a hold of though, it takes her a few days to a week to email back and she prefers email to phone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    The Spring Brook Estate is absolutely phenomonal! It's located in Burnett, WI. We went to take a tour of it and it has the olden day church, a log cabin, and an Inn with the palace being located down town where the reception is held at.  You take a horse drawn carriage ride after the ceremony to the palace. The land that this place is located on is extremely beautiful! It has a couple ponds and has a lot of birds that flock there during different times of the year, making it the perfect place for pictures! Everything there is definitely antique! You get everything for the entire weekend, for the low price of 2500.00, the cheapest but most beautiful place in Wisconsin!!!!!! Hope this helps!
  • MayersLadyMayersLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always thought that Whistling Straits golf course would be the most gorgeous place to get married.  It's on the WI coastline in Kohler, and they basically carved out an ode to Ireland. They have a big barn that's open to the outdoors and they even have a flock of sheep.  Amazing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_rustic-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:5c6d3644-14c7-4c2f-8489-91204ea2525bPost:c83f85d7-19b2-4612-88c6-0a0fe88ec04d">Rustic Wedding Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me and my fiance are looking for a rustic wedding venue for ceremony and reception in the Milwaukee/Madison area.  We really want an outdoor ceremony with a country feel.  We really liked the Enchanted Barn in northern Wisconsin but its a little far away. Any ideas?    
    Posted by britnykiwi3[/QUOTE]
    hi my name is tara. i am currently going to school for wedding planning and i am also in process if doing a western wedding right now for may 2014. if you need help with anything or want to hire me as a planner to do the work get back to me at 920 981 4022. monday through friday 7am to 130pm. saturdays 9am to 8pm and sundays 10am to 5pm. i am very reasonable and i do have contracts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards