Maine
Options

1812 Farm vs. Ducktrap Retreat

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone been to weddings at either 1812 Farm in Bristol or Ducktrap Retreat in Lincolnville? We are from New York but vacation in Camden a lot.  We really wanted to get married around there.  We visited 1812 Farm today and it was very nice - the main concern is that it seems a little small if we want to have a dance floor.  Also, it's about an hour away from Camden.  Since all of our guests will be from out of town, and almost all have never been to the Maine Coast before, we would prefer to at least share Camden with them since that is the town that is most special to us.

We are going to visit Ducktrap tomorrow.  The biggest concern about there is the price - our absolute max for the reception is $15,000 for about 140-150 people.

Any insight is welcome!

?Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction? ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery Chronicles of my wedding planning adventures: http://lighthousebride.wordpress.com

Re: 1812 Farm vs. Ducktrap Retreat

• Options
    Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to either for weddings, but we looked into Ducktrap as well... on the same day actually haha we met with Justin at 830.  I think the idea of Ducktrap is neat because you can make it your own and do a lot of it yourself, which can save costs... that being said, probably more stressful.  He did offer a discounted rate so that may help with the budget for you guys and as far as catering, im sure a lot of places can work with a number you give them per head, you can bring in your own alcohol too.  If we do end up using that venue, we will probably hit up the NH liquor store and buy in bulk so people can have open bar but without the price tag.  Hook up the ipod to their sound system and you would just need a photographer, detail stuff and attire.  Depends on the type of wedding you want though, i personally think Ducktrap would be perfect for a more casual and fun affair.  Hope that helps a little, good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding at Ducktrap but am familiar with the property.  I would definitely give it a thumbs up if they can meet your budget.  Have you tried the Samoset?  The wedding coordinator is great and really good to work with.  Good luck!
  • Options
    cmacklercmackler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We ended up booking it.  We fell in love with the property the minute we set foot on it.  We want a casual wedding and love the idea that our friends can just come, hang out for the day, play around on the bball/tennis courts or hang out in the chairs reading a book before the ceremony.
    So excited!!!
    ?Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction? ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery Chronicles of my wedding planning adventures: http://lighthousebride.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards