Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Opinions please.........

What do you think about Bon Jovi - Always as a first dance song??? We already thought we picked our song by Ray Lamontagne "You are the best thing" but now we are second guessing it. I went to an old friend's wedding on Sunday night & her wedding song was "Feels like home" by Chantal Kreviazuk. It was so beautiful & emotional. I wanted to cry during their whole dance. So now I am thinking I want something with alittle more feeling. What do you guys think about Bon Jovi? Thanks in advance
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Opinions please.........

• Options
    TequintTequint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think having a Bon Jovi song would be great. I just don't know if i would pick that one. If you listen to the lyrics, he's singing to a girl he's lost, wanting to get her back. I don't know if that would be a song I'd want to have as my husband and i's first dance together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I know! That's why I'm questioning it. The chorus lyrics are what I love: And I will love you, baby - Always And I'll be there forever and a day - Always I'll be there till the stars don't shine Till the heavens burst and The words don't rhyme And I know when I die, you'll be on my mind And I'll love you - Always But I guess we shouldn't pick a song based on a part of lyrics. Thanks for your input.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TequintTequint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really like Bon Jovi, have you tried "Thank You for Loving Me"? That's kind of a sweet one.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aww I do love that song! I am a firm believer in if you love the song and it means alot to you & your FI then use it!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The songs you listed in my opinion are not nearly as good as "Always" & I do know those songs. Questioning the intelligence of a person for choosing a song for their wedding is just ridiculous. I am fully aware of the lyrics. That's the reason I posted this question. It's still a love song to me...maybe not a wedding song but it is a powerful love song. So I am considering it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "I question the intelligence of couples who use break up songs as wedding songs and assume they aren't bright enough to get the lyrics" LOL - I'm not offended - I don't even know you but I was just caught off guard by your response saying my fiance & I are not bright bc of a song we might choose. Not a very nice thing to say to someone you don't know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamalina,    You may not think what she said was nice but she was just giving you a heads up about what 90% of the guest at your day will be thinking while you and your new husband dance to that song. Maybe you could find an instrumental version if you love the song so much even though the lyrics are totally inappropriate for a first dance song. I am totally a lyric person and so is everyone that I have asked for opionions on songs choices for my wedding. And you also have to keep in mind that if you have a dj, the song will be loud and clear and everyone will be able to make out every word. HTH!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your opinions!! I do appreciate them. I asked bc I wanted honest answers. Sorry if I was on the defense! You are right about the song! I still love it - not for our wedding though. It's been a rough week. Although, my fiance & I are having alot of fun trying to chose a song. We go on youtube for hours just playing songs!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kass322Kass322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah - why do weddings turn normally sane people into total nutjobs? ;-) I'm kidding - I'm going through the same thing right now.....every teeny little decision can send you flying over the edge. My recommendation is to pick a song that says something about who you are as a couple. "Feels Like Home" is a beautiful song....I thought about using it too, but then realized that it doesn't say anything about who we are as a couple. Ultimately we chose Michael Buble - "Wonderful World" because when we listened to it for the first time my fiance got up and started spinning me around the room - very out of character for him. Everytime he hears it he starts dancing around - I knew that was the song just by his reaction to it. "Home" by Michael Buble is another good one we considered but ultimately "Wonderful World" took the cake. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!! I'm not nuts I swear! Thanks for the comments. I'm sure we will end up finding a great song. We will keep looking. Our wedding is in Feb so we have some time! Oh I can't wait!!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can choose which ever song works for you both, because in the end, nobody cares what your guests walked away thinking, their guests your special day...it's not their special day. With that being said and all the comments above, looks like my guests will all be having a coronary because we are dancing to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville... it's just a song that means alot to the both of us. I could care less what the words mean to our "guests", and i honestly don't even remember the first dance songs of all the weddings I have gone too.....but i know one thing...the wedding couple does and thats all that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards