Oregon
Options

Affordable DJ

I've been searching for a DJ a while now & Im disappointed in all the high prices! Does anyone know of any local affordable DJs that are any good? The music is the most important thing for our reception & Im about to book with someone that is really spendy if I dont find someone soon...help!

Re: Affordable DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ask, why have a DJ? Since I have such a small budget, I opted for an Ipod instead.  That way you have more control (no worries about a "do-not-play" list) and it's free, or the only fee you may have to pay is to rent A/V equipment.
  • Options
    lindseroolindseroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE our DJ!!!  I am definitely not sacrificing on that part of the reception because he does a great job of keeping the party going and on track without being overbearing (he was my FBIL's DJ).  Anyway, what is expensive to you?  I think he costs $600-$800 or something, which I think is worth it.  If you are interested I will try to find his contact info.  Let me know!  =)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont want to pay more than 650. Yeah go ahead and give me his contact info, that would be great! I cant tell you how many DJs I have emailed, lol...Im ready to book someone!

I dont think I want to do the Ipod thing, although I've heard positive feedback about it. I just really want to have someone control the flow of the reception and have some lighting for the dance floor. Thank you=)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If possible, i would also like the contact info!

DJ has been an overwhelming decision for us too! They have such an impact on the energy at the reception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards