New York-Hudson Valley
Options

The View on the Hudson and vendor recommendations!

So, we fell in love with the View on the Hudson this past week and are going to book next weekend.
Anyone been married there or been to a wedding there and have any recommendations or advise for us?

We are also now looking for the perfect vendors! A great band and photographer! The wedding is in 8 months! Sept 4th! I better get a move on!

Any advise would be appreciated
Thanks and Happy New Year

Re: The View on the Hudson and vendor recommendations!

• Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there in September, and it was AMAZING. People are STILL raving about my fabulous wedding and the wonderful food. I have reviews in my bio with more details.

Also, if you leave your email, I will send you pics from my wedding to get an idea of what it looks like and to see some of my vendors' work.

Addtionally, I HIGHLY recommend my florist- Lee Vazquez, who works with the View all the time. We used a DJ, not a band, so I'm no help there. And for photography, I wouldn't recommend mine.

GL, and please check out my blog/bio if you need any advice on the View. I also have my menu up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was married there in August of 2008.  If you're looking for a florist, I'd recommend Lee Vasquez http://www.ladybuglee.com .  She lives right by The View (she works out of her home).

I wouldn't necessarily recommend my photographer, and my band is based in Philly (but even with travel fees, was more affordable than a lot of NY bands we saw.  If you're interested, their website is http://www.jackfaulknerorchestra.com .
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Linda, you and I are Lee's biggest fans I think :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    so true! Lee told me a lot of people have come to see her actually since I got married based on my recommendation. I thought she did SUCH a great job, so I will always be one of her biggest fans! I know when my MOH gets married in the next couple of years probably, she's already saying she's using Lee. I LOVED my flowers.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    edited December 2011
    I will reccomend my photographer for you. His name is Jake Bergmeier. His work is in my bio and his website is
    www.nodophotography.com

Jaimie
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was Ricky Restiano. He was absolutely amazing. I seriously cannot say enough good things about him.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother and his wife had their reception at The View in summer '06.  I'm not getting married at the View, but can recommend both my band and photographer!  Both vendors are from the city.

Band:  The Dreamteam (NYC Swing company)

Photographer:  Kenny Pang www.kennypang.com
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For band I reccommend Era 2000.  I have always been a huge fan of them (I worked in catering for years), and then my bff used them for her wedding.  The are great!!  It's worth it to at least go check them out!! They are a little pricy but definitely worth the money!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE our photographer - Kimberly Salem.  She's based in the city but does travel. We just did engagement pics with her in October and they came out great!  She's also super reasonably priced :)

www.kimberlysalem.com

We're using a DJ so I can't help with the band. 

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved our band The Touch www.thetouchpage.com.  We were so happy with them.  They are a wedding band and they also play at bars so they play a wide variety of music.  They were my favorite vendor next to Patriot Hills. 
    For The View, I've never been there for a wedding but I went to a Bat Mitzvah there and loved the food.  The only reason we didn't have our wedding there was out of concern for the size based on how many guests we were possibly having. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married in july!!! check out my bio.... 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The View is beautiful, I've attended a wedding there and everything was perfect.  I hope everything goes perfect for you!

Photographer, I must refer Nick Carter Photography, he has been amazing with us so far. 

In terms of a band, I haven't the foggiest, sorry :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just go engaged on New Years Day.  I have ideas on what I'm looking for but nothing for sure yet except my Photographer.  I have worked at Christopher's Studio in Pearl River for 5 years now and have waited for the day when I could book him as a photographer.  I would highly recommend Christopher's Studio to any bride.  He has done many weddings at The View and the pictures always come out amazing.  

Still trying to get ideas for locations and DJ's if anybody has any ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards