New York-Western

Ellicott Square Building and Rich's Catering in April? Please help!

We are thinking of doing the Ellicott Square Building and using Rich's Catering (if they ever call back) in April. Does anyone have any information about either of these vendors?

We have been warned that ESB can leak if it rains?! No idea how likely that is or how much it actually leaks.

I have heard that Rich's is good but does anyone have experience with them catering off site?

Thanks!!

Re: Ellicott Square Building and Rich's Catering in April? Please help!

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    I had my wedding at Rich's Atrium. So it was on site but I imagine the food is good no matter where you are having it. The food was amazing and they were super easy to work with. I had people tell me it was the best meal they have ever had. And the cake was amazing. Hands down best wedding cake I have ever had.

I would suggest email over the phone. I mostly emailed them. Who are you trying to contact at Rich's?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Thanks for the info! Today I got through to Gail. She said she was going to pass my information along to Steve. So hopefully I will hear back tomorrow :)
  • Yea Gail is a tough one but she is only the initial contact. The month before to day of guy was amazing and really quick with response. I would try email. I found that worked best for everyone.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I attended a wedding in the ESB in 09-2011 and it was amazing. The drama of the staircase for your ceremony, a hsitoric builidng- gorgeous! This wedding ceremony was done in the center of the floor with guests mostly standing and some reserved seating for friends on teh outer edges but it was a ceremony in the round. Dinner was stations with two types of meat, salad, pasta station, mashed potato bar and cake. I totally missed the cake and salad because I was too busy dancing. It was a really fun wedding and the food was great also. Good luck!<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_ellicott-square-building-and-richs-catering-in-april-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:a70e9ec9-88c9-4140-8272-a6875572cefePost:60dcb1d6-73fb-43ac-a8d4-3a88bc58ae85">Ellicott Square Building and Rich's Catering in April? Please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are thinking of doing the Ellicott Square Building and using Rich's Catering (if they ever call back) in April. Does anyone have any information about either of these vendors? We have been warned that ESB can leak if it rains?! No idea how likely that is or how much it actually leaks. I have heard that Rich's is good but does anyone have experience with them catering off site? Thanks!!
    Posted by hahnbaldiwedding[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Thank you! I LOVE the staircase. I just think it's such an amazing venue. We have a contract coming any day now and a meeting with Rich's about the catering. I am really excited! We really want a separate ceremony site but at least if we can't find one we know that the esb will be beautiful!
  • We have shot a few weddings there and it is absolutely beautiful! We were there on a day that it had rained in the morning and you could tell that the roof had leaked (a few wet spots on the floor) but this was before any guests had arrived. 

One thing to keep in mind is that shops/restaurants in the foyer can't be completely hidden, so you will still see them. They put black curtains around most of them but some of them have tall signage. We've been able to keep it out of most of the pictures but not all.
    I am a former bride and a current wedding photographer. A lover of all things Buffalo. And I'm full of wedding info!
  • Thank you Jill! We are looking into the curtains for coverage. I'm not too bothered by the signage actually :)

We did book the ESB! So excited! Now we just have to decide on a caterer.
  • I know nothing about the ESB, but I went to a Bridal shower at Rich's atrium, and it was the worst food I had ever tasted.  It was so horrible.  

A friend also used Rich's for her cake and it was really boring and obviously cake tastes good, but it didn't taste as good as other wedding cakes I've had. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards