Snarky Brides
Options

That's weird!

Re: That's weird!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:3c7d3ed9-4572-4551-8ccc-e8d8a6250339">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get that AATB.  This person was using the community sponge though with dishsoap.  I guarantee that apple was dirtier after they were done 'cleaning' it. blech.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Well that's just gross (and counterproductive)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:dbbb67fc-516a-4991-9550-f39b6da82d07">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Sooo not the same. Why offer breakfast burritos but not the egg mcmuffin? THAT is weird.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure burritos are just premade and microwaved ;)
  • Options
    Most of the stuff I do is probably weird. I have a system for almost everything I do daily and I don't like it being messed up. H thinks that's weird.

I don't eat the ends of french fries. When I cut up a cucumber, it has to be in super thin slices and then I eat them a certain way. I always soak my croutons in ranch before eating them (too crunchy otherwise).

Before making a phone call, I rehearse what I'm going to say like 5 to 10 times. It helps me prepare.

When watching a movie that I own, I have to have the DVD case by me. I like to look at it while watching the movie, even if I've seen it a dozen times.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:dbbb67fc-516a-4991-9550-f39b6da82d07">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Sooo not the same. Why offer breakfast burritos but not the egg mcmuffin? THAT is weird.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>Since it is 10 AM here and I'm craving McD's, my H is going to get me breakfast. Right now! Hah!</div>
  • Options
    Ha.  I hadn't seen that.  Thanks Megh!
  • Options

A girl that I went to college with just put on FB that she is starting to plan her Honeymoon to Italy....by the time she goes, she'll be married for 2 years.  That's weird.

(And I don't even think delayed honeymoons are weird...but after 2 years, it's really just a vacation....heck, call it an anniversary trip)

• Options
    Sesh - if I change the order of one or two things in my routine, I will totes forget something.
    panther
  • Options
    AATB and Sesh - I'm a creature of habit. I've had the same shower routine for god knows how long. Same with how I get ready for work.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:15984e86-fb08-49ad-8bee-87a2d1c4a005">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh - if I change the order of one or two things in my routine, I will totes forget something.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>YES! Exactly. I talk to myself as I leave the house, "wallet, keys, phone, okay um jacket, reusable bags, textbooks." Nothing infuriates me more than when Troy's like, hey are you ready yet? NO! No I'm not ready until I finish listing everything I need in order lol</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our latest HR intern brought in about 15 stuffed animals for her desk. One of them is a 4ft tall hello kitty. She also has about 7 potted plants. We're in the basement with no windows, they're going to die. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:7be33824-3d38-49eb-8bed-0ee2411c575e">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our latest HR intern brought in about 15 stuffed animals for her desk. One of them is a 4ft tall hello kitty. She also has about 7 potted plants. We're in the basement with no windows, they're going to die. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

You have a 6th grade intern?
    <div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a shower routine too. I always fuss at H when we shower together because he messes up my drying-off process (I call it a process, rather than routine). He's starting to learn it now though and doesn't mess it up.

Whisky totally messed up my morning process when I started having to give him meds. It took me awhile to adjust to that extra step before leaving for work.
  • Options
    People who don't like chocolate are weird.
  • Options
    I have a work week process: press snooze 6 times, get up and shower (hair, face, wash body, wash face stuff off,rinse body off, rinse hair), sit for approx 10mins looking at the net, style my hair, make lunch and breakfast, eat while on the net for 10 more mins, brush teeth, get dressed, make a tea and leave. Everyday its the same.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:89ebf183-5c9a-42ee-9b12-3d71e0ed1d6f">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : You have a 6th grade intern?
    Posted by ewhiteman06[/QUOTE]
    Pretty much. She wears really skanky clothes, too. She hasn't quite figured out yet that just because technically it's a skirt, that doesn't make it office appropriate. I'm pretty sure I've seen her cheeks twice and this is only her 2nd or 3rd week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm always surprised by people who are online before getting to work. I guess because by the time I get up and leave for work, maybe 10 minutes have passed. I just get up and leave. Sure, I could leave later but I don't think I could stomach breakfast at 5:30 in the morning.
  • Options
    I FB'd about this a few days ago but when people have a pile of stuffed animals in the back window of their car... that's flucking weird.
    panther
  • Options
    My cat knocked over a glass of water one morning last week and it interrupted my morning routine. I came to work with eye make up on only one eye. I thought it was hysterical so I left it like that all day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:db64ed11-22cf-4908-ab1a-366cfa75284d">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cat knocked over a glass of water one morning last week and it interrupted my morning routine. I came to work with eye make up on only one eye. I thought it was hysterical so I left it like that all day. 

Lol, before I had lasik and had to wear my glasses all the time I was so blind I actually forgot to pencil in one of my eyebrows one day.  I could barely get my face close enough to the mirror to see myself.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:36f2cc7f-cb2a-4d49-a62e-e04384890614">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Pretty much. She wears really skanky clothes, too. She hasn't quite figured out yet that just because technically it's a skirt, that doesn't make it office appropriate. <strong>I'm pretty sure I've seen her cheeks twice and this is only her 2nd or 3rd week.</strong>

<div>Yikes.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:c41be42b-840f-43b7-b36e-68eb271da151">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Lol, before I had lasik and had to wear my glasses all the time I was so blind I actually forgot to<strong> pencil in one of my eyebrows </strong>one day<strong>. </strong> I could barely get my face close enough to the mirror to see myself.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Question: Do lot's of people do this? I have never even thought about penciling in my eyebrows.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think its weird when people make breakfast at work. How hard is it to wake up 10 mins earlier to eat at home. I don't get it at all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:2f0aec79-612f-4dcf-af06-97d710ae9a34">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Question: Do lot's of people do this? I have never even thought about penciling in my eyebrows.

I don't know.  The only reason I do it is because I color my hair darker than my natural color, so I want my eyebrows to match my hair, lol.  I don't think everyone needs to.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:2f0aec79-612f-4dcf-af06-97d710ae9a34">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Question: Do lot's of people do this? I have never even thought about penciling in my eyebrows.
    I do not. My eyebrows are black and about the size of a buick, so I really don't need anything extra. (I have them waxed so they are not quite so buick like, but I still have plenty.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dmill we must have the same brows. Mine are curly (lucky me) and very coarse (horse-hair-like, according to T) so I trim and wax them on the reg.

AATB, I gotcha. I was just curious. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:e01ec8a2-353f-4094-ad85-6ba9756cf7b3">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think its weird when people make breakfast at work. How hard is it to wake up 10 mins earlier to eat at home. I don't get it at all.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I can't eat breakfast until I've been awake at least an hour or so. It makes me sick otherwise.  BUT I usually just bring yogurt or something. Nothing that requires a lot of effort.

One day last week I went all day with only one (dangly) earring in.  no one said anything to me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:e01ec8a2-353f-4094-ad85-6ba9756cf7b3">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think its weird when people make breakfast at work. How hard is it to wake up 10 mins earlier to eat at home. I don't get it at all.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Like make a full breakfast? I just grab a breakfast bar or something. No assembly required. But I also don't eat until like 10.

Some people here eat cereal at their desks. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do more than that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:f34871d8-8185-49b5-adcc-021b67756f73">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : <strong>Like make a full breakfast</strong>? I just grab a breakfast bar or something. No assembly required. But I also don't eat until like 10. Some people here eat cereal at their desks. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do more than that.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>I just pictured someone trying to make an omelet or bacon and eggs in the toaster oven lol</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I eat my breakfast at work, but it's always oatmeal and we have an instant hot water machine. I do think it's weird when co-workers eat cereal at their desk. The crunching is annoying.
  • Options
    ewhit, the woman that does my brows always makes fun of me when I come in. I ran in to her at the grocery once when I was in need of a waxing. The salon I go to is in the same strip mall as my grocery store. I swear she saw me and said " Oh my God, why you come out with dude face, get to salon now, I be there in 20 minutes to fix that shiit." She calls me dude face when my brows are bad lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards