Washington
Options

Inexpensive outdoor venue inPortland/Vancouver area?

Hey everyone!! My fiance and I are planning on getting married June of 2011 and are looking for an outdoor venue for the ceremony and reception. We have a small budget (around $8000) because we are also buying a house right now and want to have an amazing honeymoon. We are planning on having around 100 guests.  So do you guys have any suggestions?
Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Inexpensive outdoor venue inPortland/Vancouver area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Esther Short park in Vancouver would be my recommendation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Kennedy school
    59 image 4 image 0 image 55image RSVP Date: August 1 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the Oregon Gardens in Silverton http://www.oregongarden.org/Weddings.html

or Hoyt Arboretum http://hoytarboretum.org/rentals/rental-fees are also good choices

good luck
  • Options
    JessandArnieJessandArnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some good suggestions so far... I echo any McMinnamens is a good choice for inexpensive weddings. Good luck!
  • Options
    hutsonkristihutsonkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Edgefield's is probably best.  Esther Short is in downtown and it would have people all around.  The Kennedy School doesn't have a place for an outdoor ceremony.  However you could also look at The Grant House in Officer's Row or even Ft Vancouver.
  • Options
    tusshie2004tusshie2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could look at the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, or Rhododendron garden. I know someone who got married at the Rhododendron garden and it was beautiful!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a June wedding at McMenamins, unfortunately I think they're already booked up for summer 2011. 
    To give you an idea of the cost, for rental of the Admin House (with it's gorgeous backyard where the ceremony will be taking place) and the Attic (for the reception), its costing around $6500 food and beverage minimum which includes a nights stay at the Admin house. 
    So aslong as we meet that F&B minimum, we will be renting the spaces for 'free'.
    That's a great deal in my book!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards