Indiana

photography under $3,000??

Just curious who everyone is using for their photographer?  I love the photojournalistic kind of style of Brooke and Pedro, Amanda Wilcher, etc.  but can't afford them!  I feel like I've looked at every photographer on this website and every other wedding planning website and can't seem to find a photographer with a comparable approach to shooting for a good price.  Any suggestions?

Re: photography under $3,000??

• ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in Indiana is your wedding?  Laura Buss with Summer Wind Images, based near South Bend, has prices in your range and I think she does nice work.  She's not our photographer, but I love looking at her blog still and seeing her work. Good luck!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Jacquie Carman.  She's a former Knottie and is out of Hope, IN near Columbus but she travels.  I'm getting married in Louisville and she's traveling to do mine.  Her website is http://www.jacquiecphotography.com/.  Our package is $950 and covers epics, rehearsal, wedding day, DVD rights and $200 of print credit.  She just had a baby TODAY, so she won't be answering emails for a while.  But send her an email and then be patient. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Joni Streit - www.streitphotography.com
    I LOVE her!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joni Streit is awesome!  I love her blog!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having trouble with this one too there is not alot of Indiana infomation on here outside of the Indianapolis area... I am looking for someone more on the artsy side... My venue is LaPorte so anyone who knows of a good yet reasonable priced photographer in the Northwest/Northeast Indiana area I could use the help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Jacquie will travel!  She's traveling to Louisville for my wedding, so it's not far and we decided to pay for a hotel room for her, her DH and her son.  She charges a travel fee, but it's not much.  And she's still so cheap that we were still below budget after paying for their room.  GL!
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.newweddingessentials.com for some photographers around northwest IN. They have a digital copy of the magazine and there's a directly at the end that lists all the vendors in the magazine.

www.influencephoto.com

www.rastallphoto.com he's in chicago but his rates are very good for the work he does.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Melissa Copeland out of Sullivan, Indiana.  She is willing to travel for no fee (unless its a destination wedding) and she does great work!  My fiance and I were looking into her because she uses the artsy touch that we like... and she's really decently priced!  Check her out!
  • caro7865caro7865 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a photographer myself so this was something I did a lot of research on and I chose Audry and Chris Olry www.olryphotography.com out of Indianapolis.  I was expecting to pay double for what they do and what you get in your package.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Suzanne Hall out of Chesterton, IN.  www.hallphotography.com
    She took my senior pictures and engagement pictures, and I absolutely love her work.  She knows exactly what to do to make you look your best and make sure she gets the important shots.  And she offers a variety of packages with various prices.  I think they're all under $3000, if memory serves me right.  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • buniblueyzbuniblueyz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Melissa Copeland out of Sullivan Indiana. She is really nice, has very reasonable prices and the work to back it up. Great package deals and you get what you pay for look her up on facebook or her website.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kpumneakpumnea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Danielle Aquiline.  She's from Chicago, but she's willing to travel.  Her pictures are amazing and her prices are very reasonable.
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used Mahara Photography. Rudy is the owner, and the business is based out of Fort Wayne, but he is willing to travel.

www.maharaphotography.com

Edit: We got a fantastic package and rights to all photos for under $900.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Ryan Cook Photography.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Dees Portrait Studio from Washington, Indiana. The prices are great! Also, Sandy Clarke Photography is amazing and she is just starting so her prices should be reasonable. Good luck, we had a hard time finding a photographer who's prices allowed us to still afford food! Haha!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_photography-under-3000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:700c8b8c-4153-4208-bc1c-c591c15ea0ccPost:ea1d5f04-ec23-48ad-9c4a-855b6aae79e7">Re: photography under $3,000??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Suzanne Hall out of Chesterton, IN.  <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.hallphotography.com">www.hallphotography.com</a> She took my senior pictures and engagement pictures, and I absolutely love her work.  She knows exactly what to do to make you look your best and make sure she gets the important shots.  And she offers a variety of packages with various prices.  I think they're all under $3000, if memory serves me right.  Good luck!
    Posted by thelowies[/QUOTE]

<div>I also had her for my senior portraits and she also just did my wedding photography on july 10, 2010 in Michigan City and LaPorte.  The packages start at $1800. She did a great job. I have pictures go to hallphotgraphy..com go to online events. type in Westergren_Baker password is Bride.</div><div>
    </div><div>You could also ask your venues for references or referrals and they can give you a list of people they have worked with. sometimes you can get a discount by using them.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Susan hall does not give you the rights. for the package we bought it was $1800 we only got 50 8x10's and one keepsake album that had 20 pages with 10 pictures on each page. If you want the rights you have to wait  6 months to see  if she makes enough money online.</div>
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am using my cousin Angie (didier) Karapontos- She works with her Husband as a team. She does beautiful photographs- she is based out of Fort wayne, and unsure how far she travels- but I know she has done some for other people pre-wedding to end of reception for under 3,000- i will venture to say even under 2500. you can see some pictures on her website. www.didierphotography.com

~my new planning bio~ ~I am proud to be in love with a American Solider- He's a true American hero~ ~"When i close my eyes by your side is where i'll always be"~
  • ssummers85ssummers85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try lemongrass photography.  Jessica is awesome, and I think her packages start around $2500.  She's a good friend, and we're hoping to use her!  http://home.lemongrassweddings.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I am just starting out as a photographer and would offer really affordable rates as well as the CD of your images with full printing rights. You can see some of my work at http://literallyphotography.weebly.com. If you're interested, feel free to email me at info@literallyphotography.com.

Also, have you looked under the creative section on craigslist? There's a lot of photographers that post ads on there...you might find what you're looking for.

Good luck!
    *I'm officially a married lady!*
  • edited December 2011
    We used Cybil & Brandon Photography. They're a husband and wife team in the Indy area. We paid around $2250 and had two photographers for the day, plus an engagement session. They were great to work with and we LOVE the photos they took. You can see some of our photos here: http://www.cybilandbrandon.com/blog/?p=1488
  • nebiglernebigler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Photographer is actually and IWU grad who now lives in Utah. She is shooting all of our wedding (12 hours) for $1000, plus the cost of a plane ticket and a hotel room (which is only about $350 more). So for $1350, Carissa is such an amazing deal. I have some engagement pics on my display. She is very "photo journaly" and is very professional!

Her Business is Dulce Photography and she has a website of the same name (easy to google it). She also has a facebook, and blog to check out too!

Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what kind of package you're looking for, but we're using Studio Rebekah. Her photos are awesome and  her personality is fantastic. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am a former knottie and a photographer. I don't know the rules about mentioning that so I'll leave it at that and allow you to contact me if you are interested. weberphotog at yahoo dot com. :)
  • Steven from  http://www.daymakerphotography.com/ is very personable and the greatest photographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards