Connecticut

can you recommend..

We are looking into having a really small wedding..like just immediate family ,about 20 people. So does antone know of a place that we could do this? I still want to have a beautiful wedding even tho its going to be 20 people and not 220. We are going to look at the madison beach hotel on saturday. Also we really want to do it this summer... it doesnt matter what day i just want it to be romantic. Any suggestions? Anyone else having a really small wedding? Any tips?

Re: can you recommend..

• I would definitely look into some Bed and Breakfasts. They can be a perfect spot for a really lovely intimate wedding. I believe the Mystic area has some really nice options.

Another great spot could be the Griswold Inn in Essex. It's very historic and the prices are extremely reasonable. They only require you to have a minimum of 20 guests for a wedding. http://www.griswoldinn.com/

Good luck!
  • Look into your local town parks.  There are several nice parks in CT that allow small weddings and the surroundings are pretty so you don't have to spend money on flowers except for yourself and the WP.
  • I'm getting married at Saybrook Point Inn in Old Saybrook and I believe they will do a wedding of any size. It's a great place for summer weddings - we are having our ceremony outdoors on the terrace overlooking the marina, and the reception in the ballroom (which can be divided into smaller rooms). You might want to look into it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • A Cardinal House in Glastonbury website is acardinalhouse.com. The grounds are beautiful, the owner is the JP and their son is the executive chef and is apparently amazing! We are having 17 guests in June, can't wait!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Omni hotel has a private rooms on the 19th floor meant for smaller groups like that. It's a great view!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards