October 2012 Weddings

Opinions Please! PIP

Alright, so I bought a dress that I really love for my bridal shower this weekend. Problem is that it is strapless and I don't feel comfortable wearing it that way because it is at my church. Plus my boobs look absolutely gigantic. I am extremely self concious about my boobs, I really really do not like them, and I hate to look like I am showcasing them. When I bought the dress I figured that I would just buy a little jacket to wear over it and be good... my mom was out shopping and found me something, which I think is cute and fits, but I don't feel like it works very well with the dress, because it has a belt that I want to be able to be seen, plus I feel like it is even more like, hello, here are my boobs. Ugh.

if you look, you can see Chunkers looking into the shower behind me, haha.

with jacket

And then, I decided that I would try something else. When I bought the dress, there had been an extra piece of fabric around the top. It looked like a stupid little dust ruffle just kind of laying on top of my boobs. Looked dumb. So I cut it off, lol. So that left me with this extra piece of fabric, which I decided to play around with, and ended up with this...

I wish I could take a better picture, lol. I was too focused on touching the stupid little Ipod touch screen, lol.

It is just pinned at the moment, I haven't sewed anything. I am the most comfortable with this option... but what do you girls think? Does this look ok, or does it look like bad? I think it helps the boob issue, but I might just be too close to the problem, I need outside opinions!

Re: Opinions Please! PIP

• Hello :)
    I actually like it better with the cardigan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it looks really good! Although I also like the pic with the cardigan. I would maybe try angling the sleeves a bit more I think square necklines emphasize the chest but that's just me.
  • I actually really think it looks cute with the sweater.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think it looks nice with the jacket and with the extra sleeves, to be honest.  But I think I like the extra sleeves more (the third picture), and if that's what you're most comfortable with, that's what I would go with.  I love the color by the way, it's very pretty!
  • Cute dress!  I really like the jacket option the best.  What if you were to put the belt over the jacket too?  I've done this with some dresses that are the same style as yours and I think it looks good like that.  I have a big chest too, so I know how you are feelings.  If you aren't liking the jacket, I think the little cap sleeves look cute too.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I like it with the cardigan. Is it possible/does it work with the belt over the cardigan too? I don't know if the proprtions would be right, though, hard to tell.
    Anniversary

•   So am I being crazy then? Lol... I just sort of feel like the cardigan looks like it doesn't fit very well, is it ok that it's like laying on the sides of things, lol.... gahhhh.
  • I will try it with the belt over! That is a good idea! Smart girls : )
  • I also like the cardigan.
    Anniversary

•  

alright, belt over cardigan.
  • I like it with the cardigan, but I do like the sleeves too.  I say go with whatever is most comfortable.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I also like it with the cardigan.

I think the belt looks ok over the cardigan but I do think that re-emphasizes the girls if you are concerned about that (I have no boobs, so I'd be happy to have something to emphasize lol).
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like it with the cardigan! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I like it with the cardigan too!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love the cardigan, but you should wear what you are going to be most comfortable in : )  I feel ya on the chest issue--so annoying!!
  • I like the sleeves but like a PP said, try angling them a bit. However, belt over the cardigan isn't bad either. Wear whatever your most comfortable in.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I love it with the cardigan! Super cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • I like it with the cardigan too...either belt over or under!! But I'm partial...I wear cardigans almost everyday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the belt over the cardigan looks really nice. I think the buckle suits it nicely like that.
    Anniversary
  • Ah, I am torn, lol. I think I am going to go ahead and sew the sleeves on regardless, for future, but I may still use the cardigan, I agree that the belt over cardigan does help to emphasize my chest, of course it does... it's only serving to tighten the clothing around them. I am chopping them off, problem solved : )

Thanks for all the opinions, I will get back to you on what I end up doing!!
  • casymecasyme member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    People are overlooking the most important thing here:  you are smoking hot, and your rack is awesome.

Have a great time!!
  • Also if you bought the dress because you like it the way it is, adding the sleeves will change the look of the dress and what if you want to wear it out somewhere that is not the church? P.S. I like the cardigan also!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_opinions-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a00bb7e3-6003-4fdb-988c-5084d28cd8f5Post:e7f704f2-bb58-438d-8071-ac1789fb0859">Re: Opinions Please! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]People are overlooking the most important thing here:  you are smoking hot, and your rack is awesome. Have a great time!!
    Posted by casyme[/QUOTE]

o my goodness, I just about died laughing. FI had to pick me up off the floor. Thank you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_opinions-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a00bb7e3-6003-4fdb-988c-5084d28cd8f5Post:e7f704f2-bb58-438d-8071-ac1789fb0859">Re: Opinions Please! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]People are overlooking the most important thing here:  you are smoking hot, and your rack is awesome. Have a great time!!
    Posted by casyme[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel lame saying this now (somehow I missed this thread) but I completely agree. I can also commiserate on the problems having a large rack can pose.  If you're worried about the angles the of the cardigan what if you went with a more structured jacket (denim etc) but then didn't belt the jacket.  The belt does awesome things for you but I think if you went with more structured cover you'd want the jacket to be open more.  </div><div>
    </div><div>In the interest of full disclosure though I feel  like I need to be a candidate for WNTW. I can pick out good looking outifts etc for other people but can't dress myself.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Im kinda late to the party but I like the look with the extra sleeves the best but think that the belt over the cardigarn looks better than under it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_opinions-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a00bb7e3-6003-4fdb-988c-5084d28cd8f5Post:6ad1646d-9ef2-4a34-86b6-49eeda038616">Re: Opinions Please! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opinions Please! PIP : I feel lame saying this now (somehow I missed this thread) but I completely agree. I can also commiserate on the problems having a large rack can pose.  If you're worried about the angles the of the cardigan what if you went with a more structured jacket (denim etc) but then didn't belt the jacket.  The belt does awesome things for you but I think if you went with more structured cover you'd want the jacket to be open more.   In the interest of full disclosure though I feel  like I need to be a candidate for WNTW. I can pick out good looking outifts etc for other people but can't dress myself.
    Posted by CFM102012[/QUOTE]

I was originally trying to buy a denim jacket and my sister would not let me, lol... I kind of liked the idea of that because it is a jacket but it would not be hugging all the parts I am trying not to accentuate... which the cardigan completely does
  • Another vote for the cardigan, looks really nice!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • I like the look with the cardigan the best...it gives you a more polished look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards