June 2013 Weddings
Options

Alcohol Question

We have yet to decide on the alcohol situation for our June wedding. We are young (but old enough as are our friends) and want to have a good time but don't have a huge budget. Give me your opinions on this.... We want to just provide keg beer. Is that ok? or should we atleast offer some other options. We thought about putting a sticky label on invitations to people whom we think is appropriate stating something that says to "we will provide keg beer but feel free to bring your own drink of choice if you wish". Is that tacky? Let me know ladies!!!
559809_10152275403875517_1123710195_n

Re: Alcohol Question

• Options
    That depends on the type of wedding that you are having. My family usually has very informal weddings where usually it's outside or at someone's house and select people bring a dish to pass. People bring soda, beer, wine and etc. However if you are not having a back yard/ laid back wedding then I would not really consider that appropriate. It all depends on the style wedding you're having.
  • Options
    BYOB to a wedding is tacky IMO.  I would just stick to hosting something and leave it at that.  You do not need to inform your guests the alcohol selection either.  People need to accept what you have graciously hosted.  If you can swing it, it would be nice to have wine too, since not everyone is a beer drinker.   Be sure to have non-alcoholic options too. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    How big is your guest list?  My FBILs wedding was 200+ and they only went through 2 kegs but they also offered wine and non-alcoholic options.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_alcohol-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:5eaecf1e-71d5-4ea4-844b-e5dc7a95014ePost:7c39176f-80b8-4e99-bb60-9db2e429cdf8">Re: Alcohol Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]BYOB to a wedding is tacky IMO.  I would just stick to hosting something and leave it at that.  You do not need to inform your guests the alcohol selection either.  People need to accept what you have graciously hosted.  If you can swing it, it would be nice to have wine too, since not everyone is a beer drinker.   Be sure to have non-alcoholic options too. 
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this. Please don't put anything on your invitations about BYOB.</div>
  • Options
    Tacky! Never put anything in your invitations other than the who, what, where, and when. 

Host what you can afford. Keg beer is fine, if you're hosting a beer drinking crowd. Just make sure you have plenty of non alcoholic options available as well. You might also want to consider one signature cocktail to offer alongside the beer. Depending on the cocktail, the booze and mixing ingredients may not be much more than a keg and will still give a variety. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards