Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Re: BHLDN!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was pretty excited to see what they would come up with, but honestly most of it didn't seem very wearable for those of us that don't fall into the super lanky category.  What did you think? 

I was considerably more impressed by the new Vera Wang line at David's Bridal.  Beautiful dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That being said, I did really like a couple of the tea length dresses and the one with the crazy pleats :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved their accessories,shoes, jewelry etc but a $1,000 BM dress - for real? I think their dresses also don't fit a wide variety of brides but a very small niche.

Their stuff is just insanely expensive! $350 for a hair flower? yikes. I would hate to be a BM where they dress was $1000 and the shoes for $350 etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW, I confess I didn't take a good look at the prices of the BM's dresses.  That is insanity!  I also think there is some questionable quality, considering the price.  Check out the Oragami BM dress and take a close look at the puckering in the sewing on the right side of the neckline...and it retails for $260.  I agree though, they've got some cool unique stuff otherwise.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of it was not my style. I liked one of the BM dresses-- the one with the rich blue details-- but everything was so expensive. I agree with quicnygirl-- they are for really skinny, tall people. Me and my girls are way to curvy and/or short to pull that off. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its not really my style and totally out of what i expected in a price range, but still cute!
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was, "woah, these 'brides' really need to each eat a cheeseburger...or 12"...and then I thought, "can I get married all over again?"

I seriously saw a good 800 things that I NEED to have....le sigh.
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of you... some super cute stuff... but not built for normal girls and not priced for normal budgets.

I'm glad this didn't exist before my wedding day, or I totally would have insisted on buying that botanical garland headband... and that wouldn't have fit into my budget ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the stuff is a little too out there for me. And like their store, way out of my price range! I think I am a much too simple person for that whole line of products. There were a few of the dresses that I liked but I don't think I would ever make my friends spend that much.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    um. What does BHLDN stand for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think-

Beholden:under a moral obligation to someone
  • Options
    brink131brink131 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, it's all so crazy expensive. Some of it is really cute, but a lot of it is way out there, fashion wise. I look at some of it and wonder who the heck wears that stuff?
  • Options
    EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was waiting and waiting for it and then I was disapointed. I thought itd maybee have a more vintage feel to it. Oh well. Not much you can do. lol,
    It is cute but way SPENDY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some stuff was very cute but most of it was so expensive!  I also think I've got a little too much "goin on" for those dresses to handle hahahaha. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    jmkaiserjmkaiser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved it!!! I'm buying at least one pair of their shoes. Expensive but I love it
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    Glad I'm not alone jmkaiser!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards