Snarky Brides

BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!

Is anyone around today? I wanna hear a funny story.

Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!

• edited March 2012
    This isn't funny as much as it was awkward...

This morning on the train the underwire of my bra felt funny so I sat there adjusting and what not and the old lady next to me gave me a look as though I had just flashed her and was the biggest pervert on the planet.  I hate judgey old ladies.

• lbarr, you should have flashed her then :)
    omg dj, I've had some doozies, but that's pretty bad! Did you say anything about it to them?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:15144ea2-e228-4447-88cc-22b98308ca6e">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dj - that made me think of one. A few weeks ago we were interviewing for two positions. I set up all of the appointments. Our third appointment was a no-call/no-show, so basically you're removed from the candidate list. Well, later that afternoon she finally shoots me an e-mail saying that she couldn't find the place (so why not call for directions?) and asked to reschedule. By that time we had already filled the position. So then I get ANOTHER e-mail saying <strong>"Oh, okay, well if I would have shown up, do you think I would have gotten the job?"</strong> I was very tempted to write back and say 'Nope!"
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Who asks questions like that?? Your stories are giving me hope for when I do start applying at other jobs :)
  • Oh koda, I'm not sure my pasty white barely there boobs would get it up for you. I was thinking more Mr. Deeds when they're in the big empty mansion and the old man yells it. H and I do this sometimes randomly. 

I've had some pretty short interviews, and the people act like that's a good thing. Short answers are not usually a good thing in an interview.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:9fdd36a3-648e-4045-8858-89377e607344">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nicole - I'm pretty sure it was the same person whose resume included her elementary and jr. high school under Education. Because I really need to know where you learned how to color in the lines.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Haha I had one of those, I actually felt bad for the girl, I wanted to give her a helpful pointer that she didn't need to include her 8th grade graduation on her resume, but I couldn't find a way to do it without embarassing her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:ff05b552-16c3-4555-9f86-d91c5a2fb3ec">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB! : Apparently, I'm feeling chatty today. I was looking at pictures last night that my MIL had given me of the reception we had in Alabama, and my word.  I had gained a few pounds on our honeymoon cruise, and apparently it made the chest part on my dress..... tight. (Plus I was PMSing which never helps them.) All I see when I look at the pictures is cleavage. Lots of cleavage. At a party with a bunch of H's relatives that I had never met before.... I'm embarrassed 5 months after the fact. I noticed it a little that day, but not like I do in pictures!
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

See, and I'm the opposite when I look at pics of me, I'm like "Look at that line!! I think that might count as cleavage, SWEET!" Just watch Christina Aguilera on the voice, then you should probably feel better about any cleavage you had.
  • I don't have any funny stories off the top of my head, but I've been trying to find a decal/skin for my new laptop so that it makes it look like it's R2D2 and it's driving me insane. I can't find anything remotely like what I have pictured in my head. I also am trying to figure out how to make the text message ringtone on my new phone sound like Yoda going "Mrrrmmmm" (hard to explain in word form). I hate that I'm not tech-savvy.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Oh dj I was expecting a lot worse, that is NOT bad at all. Meghan I'm no help, but I get what you mean, that would be cool :)
  • Dj , those aren't bad at all!  Also how is your throat holding up?

On the subject of boobs... I don't know if I shared this story with you all before so my apologies if I did:

Around a month ago FI was in the bed and the dog was with him and he started midly freaking out because he found a tick on her.  He was pulling and pulling and DivaBiatch was being particularly fussy about it.  He pretty much gave up and told me to look.  It was her NIPPLE.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:1e52c420-66a4-417b-88aa-f29ab26a4ab7">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, good. I think I'm just self-conscious. 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

No need to be, you looked gorgeous.
  • One time, a coworker stood directly over my cube wall and looked down my shirt and then awkardly told me that I should consider that people will look at me from above and to wear higher shirts.

Mind you, I am fairly well endowed, but I do wear appropriate clothing. I was so mortified though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:4f32de12-b21c-4116-a192-d5c763437ef6">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dj , those aren't bad at all!  Also how is your throat holding up? On the subject of boobs... I don't know if I shared this story with you all before so my apologies if I did: Around a month ago FI was in the bed and the dog was with him and he started midly freaking out because he found a tick on her.  He was pulling and pulling and DivaBiatch was being particularly fussy about it.  He pretty much gave up and told me to look.  It was her NIPPLE.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

DED lbarr is the winner
  • FI felt awful.  It was SO red.  In his defense it was the last "set" that is hidden in her hair.  She was the opposite of pleased.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:4450b15a-2a2f-4eac-b12e-f02222be1871">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I love boob stories.  I accidentally poked this guy I had a crush on in the boob once. It was in high school at a reward field trip to a water park.  We were hanging out with a bunch of friends and I was chatting him up. I guess I make excessive hand motions when I talk because I literally poked him right in the nipple when we were walking to the wave pool. I was mortified and pretended nothing happened even though I turned a lovely shade of red. He ended up dating one of my friend's friend that summer so obviously nipple pokes were not his thing.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Ha oops! That would be pretty embarassing. Here's a boob story for you, I was in a friend's wedding last summer and we had strapless dresses. Before the ceremony we were standing behind this little wooden shed and I had one of the other BMs fixing my bra under my dress (I was facing away from her, my dress was unzipped and she was tightening my bra or something). Well two other BMs were goofing off and bumped into us, pushing me out from behind the shed, with my dress pulled below my bra. Fortunately we were behind the crowd, but it was pretty embarrassing, at least a few people noticed, particularly the groomsmen who were in a little group not too far away.
  • I bought my dog an ugly Christmas sweater today.

In revenge, my dog did a walking pee in the house. There was a long, zig-zagging pee line. It was a pee-by.

BTW, for everyone who chimed in - it's not a UTI. It's a behavioral pee. We took him to the vet but everything was normal. Mughhhhhh (well, I'm glad, but mughhh). But thanks for looking out for us. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DJ, you looked gorgeous!  But I don't understand about that's all you see when you look at pictures - I do the same.  I swear the photographer must have been shooting from about the entire day because I swear I never saw that much cleavage when I looked straight on in a mirrow. 

I have no other boob stories but my H's dogs (they're only his when they're in trouble or gross) pretty much found themselves in a 69 sniff fest yesterday and then the male got a "little worked up" so to speak.  It was disgusting. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:4f32de12-b21c-4116-a192-d5c763437ef6">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dj , those aren't bad at all!  Also how is your throat holding up? On the subject of boobs... I don't know if I shared this story with you all before so my apologies if I did: Around a month ago FI was in the bed and the dog was with him and he started midly freaking out because he found a tick on her.  He was pulling and pulling and DivaBiatch was being particularly fussy about it.  He pretty much gave up and told me to look.  It was her NIPPLE.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

That just made me laugh. I can totally picture doing that with my dogs because I'm so paranoid.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Cardmonsta- my dog used to do that stuff but shiit. He'd be mad at us so just drop a duece in the middle of the living room. Asshole.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:89ff4b99-a6ab-4968-990c-2d9de1dda1e5">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cardmonsta- my dog used to do that stuff but shiit. He'd be mad at us so just drop a duece in the middle of the living room. Asshole.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS IS EXACTLY IT. I think it's mild separation anxiety. If you ignore him and he thinks he deserves to be played with (which is pretty much all the time), he just pees to get your attention. Bastards!</div><div>
    </div><div>Koda, I love Pinot puppy. I want a picture of her in a diaper.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:9cd97919-997f-4bff-a3c2-cd1ca3710128">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB! : THIS IS EXACTLY IT. I think it's mild separation anxiety. If you ignore him and he thinks he deserves to be played with (which is pretty much all the time), he just pees to get your attention. Bastards! Koda, I love Pinot puppy. I want a picture of her in a diaper.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Geno has major separation anxiety so thats probably part of it. He grew out of the making us made by shiiting on the floor stage though, so don't worry. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:e21bbc99-1223-412e-bde1-e134d314aff9">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leo (my cat)  kept sticking his paw down my shirt the other day. I looked at H and said "He gets that from you."  
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

haha. That is totally something I would say.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:f05067c3-c0c5-42a6-b7bc-702f1aa34bcc">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB! : Geno has major separation anxiety so thats probably part of it. He grew out of the making us made by shiiting on the floor stage though, so don't worry. :-)
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank god. I used to make puppy Xanax at the pharmacy, so I know I have that on the back burner just in case, lol.</div>
  • dang i just realized I missed my Knot-iversary yesterday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:aa835f13-da9e-4bee-acf2-1ac303d6c3a7">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB! : Thank god. I used to make puppy Xanax at the pharmacy, so I know I have that on the back burner just in case, lol.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Ha we did have to get THAT for the separation anxiety.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:32ec2dfe-8a50-4ba7-a3d4-3ce0e36c9430">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]dang i just realized I missed my Knot-iversary yesterday.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

<div>It was on the calendar and EVERYTHING. Way to waste the balloons and streamers.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:32ec2dfe-8a50-4ba7-a3d4-3ce0e36c9430">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]dang i just realized I missed my Knot-iversary yesterday.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

<div>Happy Belated Knot-iversary!  lol</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:2473dee2-0a7e-4c66-92ee-88d9fb4de398">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who was it that made doggy xanax when they worked in a pharmacy?  We are seriously considering that for our oldest puggle.  She is SO high strung.  If she sees something interesting in the backyard when she's on the second floor, she makes the most awful barking/yelping/howling sound and runs full speed until she's out the dog door.  It's like she's sounding an emergency alarm or something.  Girl needs to relax.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>lol! Look two posts above this one. hahahaha</div><div>
    </div><div>It's really a last-resort kind of thing. You don't want to keep your dog on long-term medication, especially Xanax. A lot of Vets won't even prescribe for it.</div><div>
    </div><div>BUT WHEN THEY DO, I make them in bacon, turkey, chicken, tuna, etc. hahaha</div>
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_boooooooooooob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:609da400-10bc-46a8-8f6c-4c91881ea7d5Post:097a85d2-13b3-4f36-85d1-3bd3776819f1">Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is embarassing, but there was this one time after we first got Leo that he seriously decided my boob was a play thing. I wasn't wearing a bra, so I guess it moved more than usual. He was batting it back and forth when I would lean forward.  I was like "I don't even know what to think or do about this."
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>HA!  </div><div>
    </div><div>Animals are so funny.  DB loves to lick my feet when I get out of the shower.  It's so gross, especially because I hate feet.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also love how the boob thread turned into a "Funny stories about boobs, animals' boobs, animals, and animals playing with boobs"</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Speaking of boobs, I don't think I've ever seen a pic of sarabear without her tits hanging out :/
  • boobs are pretty awesome. I'm really glad I'm a female so that I can have nice ones.

you know what's not awesome? bra prices!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards