Maine

Rehearsal Dinner/Introducing myself

Hi Maine Knotties! :) I've been lurking this board for awhile now but have never introduced myself! I'm from just north of Bangor and our wedding is at Penobscot Country Club in Orono on Jan 8th. We're super excited and most of our planning is done..still looking for unique guest book alternative ideas and I'd also love winter tree centerpiece ideas if you ladies have any as I haven't nailed that down yet! :) My main reason for posting is to see if anyone has suggestions for a Rehearsal Dinner venue in the Bangor/Orono area? The bridal party and parents are staying at hotels in Bangor the night before so travel worries. I'd be thankful for any hints!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner/Introducing myself

• mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Here is a link to some guest book ideas that some October 2010 Knotties are doing.  Hope this helps!  http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2010-weddings_tell-guest-book
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • meganyanimeganyani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! I'm sort of a Bangor bride too (I live in Orland). We have a very small wedding party and the only other people coming to our dinner will be my few out of town guests (I think 10-15 people max). My in-laws said they are paying and since I want to do a Maine-experience, we will probably go to Sea Dog or something similar. I feel it's a bit overpriced but it's an accomadating and fun place.

Are you looking for a restaurant or something else?
  • edited December 2011

We thought of the Sea Dog too! I also only have prob 15-20 people max..if you are looking for the "maine experience" so to speak Captain Nick's is also a good choice! Thanks for the link! Very helpful.

• Gina MaeGina Mae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

one of my bridesmaids is making me a quilt and the guest are going to sign it!  It is going to have pictures of our engagment

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards