Wisconsin

Welcome to the Wisco Board! READ FIRST

Welcome to the Wisconsin board! I am Becky and I am the Mod for this board. I have put together a lot of useful information for people that are new to TK and maybe some people that are not so new! First, we have a website for WI knotties that has lots of cool info, "vendor reviews" and "for sale". Check it out!!!  http://wisconsinknottie.weebly.com/

Rules & FAQs

*For TK's Community Rules, click here.

*For a list of common knot lingo, CLICK ME!

Here are some tips to get you started:

Safety

*You can't change your username so choose wisely.  Avoid putting your full name (especially last name) or e-mail address as your username.  Remember this is a public forum and anyone can read anything that we post.  If you have any of these in your current username, create a new account before you start posting. 

*If you create a bio, I'd suggest having one for the Knot Community and one for your guests. This way you can keep your personal information private and your guest wont know what your dress looks like before the wedding!

Joining In on the Board

*The Wisconsin board can be a little slow, so don’t be afraid to jump in! Even if there hasn’t been a post in a few days, do not think people are not checking the board, because they are!

* Introduce yourself!  Whether you're a newbie or a longtime lurker, please post and tell us about yourself and fiance.  We'd love to know your wedding details!

*Do not ask a question that you do not want an honest answer to knotties, will give you honest advice. Sometimes honest advice is not what we want to hear but I'm pretty confident that everyone can be respectful of others opinions while still giving great advice.

* The more information you can give us when asking a question, the better answers you will receive.  Include your budget (if possible), number of guests, general location, etc. since this will help narrow down options for you.

* To post a picture in your post (PIP), click the tree icon at the bottom of the message box.  Then select the photo and upload. This can take a while, so I recommend waiting a minute or two and see if it works.

* We don't always have to talk about weddings!  I love to hear what is going on around Wisconsin. If you have awesome plans for the weekend share!

* Vendors are NOT allowed to post on these boards, even if they offer their services for free.  Vendors will be banned immediately.

Siggy Help:

* If you want a countdown/ticker, you can find some here.

* If you want to create a bio (I love to look at bio’s), try weebly.com or mywedding.com to get started.  Both sites are very simple and user friendly.  To include it in your siggy use the following HTML code (remove the red stars and change the text in the blue)

<*a href="YOUR WEBSITE URL/"> My Bio</a*>

* To upload a picture into your siggy, first upload it to tinypic.com. Choose either the Thumbnail or Website/Email option.  Once it's finished, choose the "HTML for Websites" option.  If you use photobucket.com it is pretty much the same but for size I would recommend selecting medium. You would also choose the HTML option. Copy and paste this code into your siggy.

* To place items on separate lines (so they line up correctly) include a <br/*> (remove the red star) between the lines of HTML code.

* If you want the RSVP count information, use the following HTML code (remove red stars and change the text in blue):

<*img src=http://tinyurl.com/5okj57 /> 0 Invited<br*/>

<*img src=http://tinyurl.com/5e5xyn /> 0 Yes<br*/>

<*img src=http://tinyurl.com/5acwqr /> 0 No<br*/>

<*img src=http://tinyurl.com/65h7dw /> 0 Unknown<br*/>

Paging & Private Messages

*To page a knottie on the board, create a new post with either ** or :: around their Knot name.

* The option to send a private message (PM) will come up under a poster's name. To check your PM, click on the Private Message on the left blue board under community links

Re: Welcome to the Wisco Board! READ FIRST

• edited December 2011
    Advice from msteph82:

Take it all in and enjoy, it will be the best day of your life, so far! 

1.  Go on a date before your wedding.  We went on Thursday and it was perfect.  We ordered drinks, had a wonderful meal and got back to what the wedding was all about - us. 

2.  Take at least THREE times during your day to steal away some time for you and your groom.  As soon as we walked back down the aisle, we locked ourselves in the coatroom.  We took a moment when we were taking pictures and again at the reception.  Take in the day - look around A LOT.  Thank everyone and tell them you love them.

3.  PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS when you are planning.  Not on the day of.  You won't care on the day of because you'll be so freaking happy and the little details will not matter.  You have a groom? Check!  Okay, good to go. 

4.  Don't worry about sexy underwear under your dress.  You will sweat so much your underwear will smell like someone died.  Shower and then put on your sexy stuff for your HUSBAND! :)

5.  Don't worry about your hair/arms/dress or anything else once you start walking down the aisle.  It won't matter.  Nothing else will except your groom.  Lock eyes with him and let everything else melt away.

6.  Enjoy it!  Smile, laugh, just be married.  The world's stress can wait for another day. 

7.  Be sure to wear comfy shoes to the reception. 

8.  When you get tired, and you will, keep going.  Keep jumping, dancing, running around, having fun.  You can rest tomorrow.  But don't take it easy.  You only get one night, suck every moment out of it that you can.  It's 2 days after our wedding now and I'm still extremely sore, but I'm so glad I am.

9. Do it on your wedding night.  We were beat, but it's some of the best sex we've ever had.  It was so amazing knowing he is my husband.

10.  Your wedding day will be the most wonderful and happiest day of your life to date.  You won't understand this yet, but when you say I Do, you will.  And when you see that ring on your husband's finger, you will understand what sexy really is.

11. Find someone to be your day of coordinator or hire someone.  My friend Liz was phenomenal and made the day so seamless and easy.  

12.  Pee backwards on the toilet (straddle it facing the wall) - you will be able to pee by yourself this way.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Advice from gundy21:

The 4/11 Knotties did some advice sharing, too - this was my post...

Have one last date night with your FI before the wedding.  We had family arriving on the Wednesday before the wedding, so on Tuesday night the two of us went out to dinner at one of our favorite places and just enjoyed an evening together.  

Trust your vendors.  You picked them for a reason - they are professionals and will address the little things that will come up during the day.

Don't let the weather get you down.  We got snowed on (mid-April)!  Not really what I was hoping for....but the outdoor pics turned out fabulous and it helped make the day more memorable.

Try to get good sleep the week before the wedding - just in case you don't sleep well the night before. 

Most important - laugh, smile, and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards