Wisconsin

Reception Venues in Milwaukee / Brookfield / Northwest of Milwaukee area

My daughter just got engaged last week and we are in the very beginning stages of planning.  Our first hurdle will be the reception venue, but we have no idea where to even start!  Guest list will be about 250-325. They are also thinking that they would like the ceremony and reception at the same site, if possible.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reception Venues in Milwaukee / Brookfield / Northwest of Milwaukee area

• I'm having my reception at Davians in Menomonee Falls. great place and they do weddings and receptions.
  • The Pfister or Grain Exchange would probably be good options
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Thank you for the info! I've been to Davians, where do they do the ceremony?  I've only seen the reception halls there, although it's been awhile since I've been there.  I will also let them know about the Pfister and Grain Exchange.  Thanks again!

• I believe they hold the ceremony in the same space as the reception, and they turn the room over for free.
  • One venue I looked at was the Marcus Center for Performing Arts. They can do the ceremony and recption.
  • Miller Room in Milwaukee.  Thats where I will be having my wedding this summer.  Can have the ceremony outside facing lake michigan and the art museum and then the reception hall is right there!  Seriously a beautiful place for a wedding... My fiance and I fell in love with the site!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having our wedding at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee. It's very nice and they are doing our ceremony and reception.
  •  Thank you all!  I appreciate the info!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_reception-venues-in-milwaukee-brookfield-northwest-of-milwaukee-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:bfe6b314-eca7-4182-b01c-748b0627032aPost:52f769f5-851b-444f-b4bb-f18cff1d803b">Reception Venues in Milwaukee / Brookfield / Northwest of Milwaukee area</a>:
    Have you looked at the Harley-Davidson Museum? It's a unique location and they have space that can accommodate 250++ guests.

[QUOTE]My daughter just got engaged last week and we are in the very beginning stages of planning.  Our first hurdle will be the reception venue, but we have no idea where to even start!  Guest list will be about 250-325. They are also thinking that they would like the ceremony and reception at the same site, if possible.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Posted by mom2thebride[/QUOTE]
  • Try the 1451 Renaissance Place, Pritzlaff Building, and the Milwaukee Public Museum. We checked those places and liked all of them. 

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards