Wisconsin

Cheap Milwaukee Wedding

Hello,

This is my first post here. I haven't even set a date yet, but we're fairly certain it's going to be late Summer/early Fall 2013. I am currently behind on details because we are expecting son #2 sometime in early August. :)

Anywho, on to my question. Clearly, we don't have a lot of money (2 kids will do that), but we have large families.

How do I have a fun reception without having to pay an arm and a leg for all of our guests to have a big dinner? Do we even have to have a dinner or can we just do apps?

I don't want to be rude, but we just cannot afford to feed everyone a full meal. If we did, we would have to cut people from our list and we definitely don't want that.

Any advice? Also, any venues you all can suggest that are budge friendly would be great!

Re: Cheap Milwaukee Wedding

• kerkmakerkma member
    First Comment
    Look into Milwaukee County Park systems, they have really good prices, but book up quickly.  My first choice was South Shore Pavillion, but they were booked way in advance.  And they let you bring in your own food, so you can find something in your budget for that too. 
    August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • milwaukee parks are good :) also, if you are willing to look a little further outside of milwaukee, you will find some great and much cheaper venues! but if you want to stay within milwaukee, checkout the parks and different american legion halls too for some great deals! good luck :)
  • Thanks, ladies! I will look into South Shore pavillion... I didn't realize you could bring in your own food there. I live not too far! :)
  • Try going for the casual, relaxed picnic party reception.  That way you can have a few friends man the grill and just buy picnic/burger fixings.  If you want something a bit more formal, try Bunzel's as the caterer.  If you're willing to try different food than generic wedding food (like their Italian buffet), you can get away with less than $10/person for a meal.

Also, Crystal Ridge ski lodge rents out for $900 plus cost of bartenders and you hire a caterer.  That's an option.
  • I am getting married in October at Gazebo Park in Greendale and having my reception at the KC Hall in Greenfield. We have a small budget as well and are doing a Sunday afternoon reception. The Gazebo rental was cheap and the hall was very reasonable too, and we are just doing an appitizer lunch, no DJ..  but a "photobooth" with props and fun things and also since it will be close to Halloween we are going to do a fun kids station so they can make things and take a treat bag home! You can have fun without breaking the bank!

I looked at Shouth Shore Pavillion but their cost is going up so much now. KC 524 Hall is $400 deposit plus food/drinks which can be customized to your budget because you sit down with their chef and plan out how you want it. We went to a tasting and all the food was excellent! I highly suggest looking into it!
  • My sister had her wedding at KC 524 and it was wonderful!!

Maybe try High Tide Banquet Hall in Muskego.  No rental fee if you spend $300 on food/drink.  (Yes, that is three hundred... I didn't make a typo!).  They can seat up to 400, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards