Texas-Austin

Budget wedding - need reception site!

Anyone have any ideas of inexpensive but NICE places to hold a reception?? I am getting married at the Chapel Dulcinea on 11/30/12.  I am only having family at the ceremony but want all friends and family at the reception.  I am looking at so many venues online but many of them are quoting prices for both ceremony and reception. 

Any help is appreciated!!!
Wedding date: 11/30/12 Location: Austin/Central Texas

Re: Budget wedding - need reception site!

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    A restaurant or hotel with a ball room/ buisness room could acomidate you. Some upscale hotels have a restaurant in them. If you go with a hotel you can get a discount on guests rooms, something that you can get anyways, and they don't have to go far after it's over. Most wedding venues will charge for both even if you just do only one or the other there. If your having only the reception at a venue you do get that extra time for the reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My cousin recently was married at Chapel Dulcinea and they had their reception at the Salt Lick off 1826.  It was very nice and I know the price was affordable.
  • How many guests are you expecting?  We had our wedding at the Caswell House which is a beautiful place and reasonably priced.  The venue is priced for use of the house, whether it is for both wedding & reception or just a reception.

Their number is (512) 472-0779.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards