Louisiana-New Orleans

I AM UNDER AN $8000 BUDGET FOR WHOLE WEDDING!

I NEED TO FIND A PLACE THAT FITS UP TO 200 GUEST AND WILL COST ME UNDER $5000 FOR RENT AND CATER, BUT ALSO SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY!

HELP PLEASE!!

Re: I AM UNDER AN $8000 BUDGET FOR WHOLE WEDDING!

• Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Caps Lock.

That only comes out to $25 PP, not including rental of the space.

I would say forgeting the booze if you want people to eat.

To be honest that is though. nothing unique comes to mind at that price. Maybe Rosy's Jazz Hall? If you did it on a Sunday or Friday to have it for a lower cost.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    House of Broel "might" be able to accommodate that, but I don't recall their capacity limit. If I were you, I would try to cut the guest list as much as possible. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd cut the guest list. That's a really tall order around here.
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom went to a wedding in Loranger that was $12/person for food, but if you want to get married in New Orleans, you're definitely going to have to cut the guest list.
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You may need to scale it back and either invite fewer guests or hold your wedding at a non-meal time and just serve cake and punch.  Having your ceremony and reception at the same venue will save you a lot of money on paying separate fees for a church and for transportation between the church and hall.  And if you are trying to do something less "ordinary" that would fit your bill since church ceremonies are most typical.

I am doing about 70 people on the Natchez steamboat with food and limited bar, and DJ, for well under your $8,000 budget.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • edited December 2011
    Can you take your day aout of town? There are some neat places that can accomodate you, antebellum/historic homes, purpose built places, that are out of the way, and some cool destinations.  I was hunting around and Louisiana Castle in franklinton might bea able to do it, I found it lurking around the BR board...
  • edited December 2011
    I had a very similar budget -- try Smilie's in Harahan.  It wasn't even on my radar until I saw pictures on Facebook of someone's wedding there.  It was very nice and affordable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • citybayougirlcitybayougirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, you should cut the guestlist
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to getting married in Baton Rouge, White Oak Plantation has packages starting at $25/person.
  • edited December 2011
    Southport Hall! I had my reception there and it was awesome! I can email you some pics if you want. Its not your typical reception venue, but I wanted different and a party and thats what i got! Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try Smilie's in Harahan. I just went to visit the venue and for 250 people they charge $5,500 it includes a cake allowance, open bar and a DJ. Mr. Lopez will discount $300 if you do your own cakes and $275 if you have your own DJ. He will also provide table linens, chair covers and sashes in whatever color you choose. We were concerned about the prices because you can't find that ANYWHERE in New Orleans. But the reason his prices are the way they are is because his venue also has a restaurant and he doesn't have to charge anyone to order food or liquor. It doesn't have your typical reception hall feel and to me IT IS MUCH more presentable than Southport Hall..from the outside...and on the inside there is so much you can do extra. I was leary until I went and looked and we are actually booking there!
    HTH
  • what about the benachi house?  they charge $1500 for the venue for fridays and sundays... $2000 for saturdays
    you can bring your own food and alcohol and music which is helping us keep our costs down.
  • Can you email me some of your photos? My Wedding is going to be there in October of next year.

tiffanyharris@ejgh.org

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards