New York-Upstate
Options

Belhurst Castle Reception

We're planning an August 2010 reception in the Meritage (new building) ballroom.

I know there are a lot of Belhurst brides out there...

Anything you wish you'd knew about BC before? Run into any problems? Any specific recommendations?

Re: Belhurst Castle Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Geneva, near the Belhurst.  Been to some very beautiful weddings there.  Only thing I can recommend, make sure you do a tasting of the food beforehand.  I've heard some negative things.  The view and grounds there are beautiful though!  Perfect place for an outdoor wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I got married outside at Belhurst and had our reception there this July (in the Castle ballroom)! I really can't say enough good things about it! Everyone loved the food, and the staff and grounds were spectacular! I am still getting compliments! Carmen is a great resource and will help you with anything you need.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions, or you can PM me if you'd rather!

GL and I HTH!
  • Options
    BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our guests raved about everything, the food, the service, the party, the view. Everything. And still do. (It's almost getting tiring to hear!)

You'll have a wonderful time! You don't need to worry about a thing that day, they're on top of every little thing. If you have any specific questions or concerns please let me know!

In response to the pp; I've heard Geneva people complain about the food, but I've never heard someone who has actually been to an event there complain. I don't understand it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    nanabijiounanabijiou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Belhurst in July so double thanks for any of these replies.

Also, I really want to know what people chose for their photographer, florist, baker, and rehearsal dinner. Did you chose of of Carmen's list or go outside of it? If you chose a different photographer, how was it if he/she didn't know the venue?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nanabijiou,

We chose most of our vendors of Carmen's list (the officiant, florist,bakery, DJ). We had our rehersal at Belhurst and it was amazing! It was so great to have it there because all of our guests were from out of town. It was nice to stay in one place and for the guests to become familiar with the grounds before the wedding, and after dinner we headed over to Stonecutters' bar to hang out with our guests.  We found the photographer on our own ,and she was out of Syracuse. She had done one other wedding there so I was not concerned about her not knowing the grounds. We also talked with the photographer ahead of time and pointed out must take shots in regards to the scenery at Belhurst (such as picutes of the wedding party on the dock etc.). When I was planning it really helped me to look at other girls bios that got married at Belhurst to get photo ideas (Belhurstbride's was my favorite!! :) )

Here is the web address to some of my wedding pictures if you are interested: www.brianandbrittanyswedding.brides.com

Feel free to PM me if you want specific vendor reviews and let me know if you any have any questions throughout your planning!Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely echo the sentiment that Belhurst is a tremendous location and establishment for weddings.  Our day was absolutely perfect, and we're so, so glad we chose to get married there!  Our friends and family are continuing to rave about our wedding day, about the food, about the service and about the beautiful location.  Good luck to you, cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards