African American Weddings
Options

seating chart

My FI doesn't feel it's necessary to have a seating chart and thinks everyone should sit where they want.  Me, on the other had, am very anal about organization and since our guest list is at 170 we are having our ceremoney and reception all in one feels that it is very ncessary for a seating chart to be in place.  What are your thoughts?

Re: seating chart

• Options
    I am definitely having a seating chart. 

~You don't want people milling around trying to figure out where they are going to sit.
    ~You don't want anyone get or feel left out. 
    ~You don't want your mother or Maid of honor stuck at a table in the back because they didn't have a chace to save a seat since they were taking pictures.
    ~You don't want people having that "getting picked last for the team" feeling

Why have the added stress when it can be avoided?  For me I am doing a seating chart for dinner.  After dinner people will get up and move around which is fine with me but for dinner they will sit where I tell them to. LOL 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seating-chart-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d9da855c-034f-4037-9dd9-670f259f0b8cPost:6c50989a-6b88-42b6-9601-89a37eda993d">Re: seating chart</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am definitely having a seating chart.  ~You don't want people milling around trying to figure out where they are going to sit. ~You don't want anyone get or feel left out.  ~You don't want your mother or Maid of honor stuck at a table in the back because they didn't have a chace to save a seat since they were taking pictures. ~You don't want people having that "getting picked last for the team" feeling Why have the added stress when it can be avoided?  For me I am doing a seating chart for dinner.  After dinner people will get up and move around which is fine with me but for dinner they will sit where I tell them to. LOL 
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

<div><strong>This</strong></div><div>
    </div><div> plus having 15 chairs around a table meant for 8, beacuse people want to sit with each other.</div>
  • Options

I think you should do the seating chart. I know for myself, I'm having 3 boards. the 1st will have all the guests names listed alphabetically with thier table name, the 2nd will have them listed by table name, and then my mother suggested having a blown up picture of the room layout so that people will be able to find thier seats faster, and we can move the festivities along..lol

We want to make sure that people have no excuses when it comes to seating, and that they understand the flow of the reception.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also anal and understand your concern. We compromised on this one because, like you I wanted everything organized from the jump. Open seating was not an option due to a bad experience at a wedding in July 2009. So we decided to just assign tables, we want both families/friends to mingle together.

PS. We have set our limit at 202...

• Options
    This, we are assigning tables but not seats.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seating-chart-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d9da855c-034f-4037-9dd9-670f259f0b8cPost:a74f69f2-450b-4a83-94a0-3963e90fe7c3">Re: seating chart</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also anal and understand your concern. We compromised on this one because, like you I wanted everything organized from the jump. Open seating was not an option due to a bad experience at a wedding in July 2009. So we decided to just assign tables, we want both families/friends to mingle together. PS. We have set our limit at 202...  
    Posted by tcjames[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seating-chart-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d9da855c-034f-4037-9dd9-670f259f0b8cPost:ad2f6fb0-a6c9-48ed-a6be-3835599ef531">Re: seating chart</a>:
    [QUOTE]This, we are assigning tables but not seats. In Response to Re: seating chart :
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree 100% I am assigning tables but not seats.  That would be too much work and time.  As long as they know what table to go to everyone should be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seating-chart-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d9da855c-034f-4037-9dd9-670f259f0b8cPost:6c50989a-6b88-42b6-9601-89a37eda993d">Re: seating chart</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am definitely having a seating chart.  ~You don't want people milling around trying to figure out where they are going to sit. ~You don't want anyone get or feel left out.  ~You don't want your mother or Maid of honor stuck at a table in the back because they didn't have a chace to save a seat since they were taking pictures. ~You don't want people having that "getting picked last for the team" feeling Why have the added stress when it can be avoided?  For me I am doing a seating chart for dinner.  After dinner people will get up and move around which is fine with me but for dinner they will sit where I tell them to. LOL 
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this espeically with such a big guest count a seating chart is a must. You know how people tend to sit a chair away from someone they dont know which leads to husband and wife being seperated because theirs one chair at this table and one at this just a lot of confusion. </div>
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards