Michigan-Northern

Castle Farms - opinions?

Has anyone done their wedding reception at Castle Farms, or attended a wedding there?  It looks gorgeous online, and surprisingly affordable, but I'm a little concerned that it's too much of a wedding factory for me.  Seems like they do a lot of weddings at once, and so it won't feels as special with so much going on around you.  Has anyone had any problems there in the past?  Thanks!!

Re: Castle Farms - opinions?

• jamm2019jamm2019 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married there in April 09.  I loved it, and was not bothered by any of the other wedding's going on. I actually live right in Charlevoix so when we decided to get married that was really the only place we wanted to do it.  Just remember You and your FIL are the one's who make your wedding special.  It is your wedding, and it will not be like any other wedding.  The Castle is gorgious and a very beautiful back drop for the perfect wedding.  If you decide to do it there I can recommend venders if you want.  Since I live right here.  Good luck with your decision...
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just booked there.  It is amazing!  I have only heard good things about it.  People had brought up the fact that other weddings could be going on but my thought on that is I am not the only bride in the world that will be getting married on that day so why not have it at a beautiful location and get more bang for your buck with the wow factor of the place.  Also,  we toured the castle and each room seems very secluded from the next.  We are going with the Queen's courtyard and King's east garden room which has a private garden for our guest only.
  • megandryan24megandryan24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard all good things about it for the most part, however as someone mentioned above I did hear from one person that they didn't like the fact that there were other weddings there at the same time. But if that's not something that bothers you, then there really isn't anything else negative I've heard!

I know we looked at having ours there, but decided it wasn't our style, now we're thinking the Grand Traverse Resort in Traverse City! =]

Good luck with your decision! There are so many gorgeous places in Northern MI!
  • edited December 2011
    You can always have your wedding on a nontraditional day or time of the year, so other brides will not be around, and you could also get a discount. If you do you should go with Bj's Catering they are great. ask for Margaret because she gives great advise.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know how much it cost to have a ceremony/reception at Castle Farms?
  • kellyg1015kellyg1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe it's under $5,000...I think...it's a lot cheaper than you'd think!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there next September! I love the place! The staff are great and so far so good on both ends! We are going with grey gables catering and we are 3hours downstate from the castle so we made it a rather small wedding and are just sharing it with our close friends and our family! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if you've already moved on from this venue or booked but I'll post this for other Knotties who are asking the same question. I just had a consultation there. I was actually surprised at how expensive it was. It runs between 2000-7000 for the room. It does come with a lot as far as a venue goes and the people were really nice. If you can get a good deal on your other stuff it would be a pretty good deal. My advice is to be pretty sure you want it and can afford it before scheduling a consultation. They do offer a lot of deals for booking the day of and the month of your tour. Also some for off season, off day weddings.  (ps the only one in the 2000 dollar range was the 60 person tavern)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards