May 2014 Weddings

Checklists

Just wanted to know what/if anything you have crossed off your checklist recently.

Today, I mailed out the deposit for our photographers. Photography was our number 2 priority after food, so I am so excited! :)
Anniversary

Re: Checklists

• Congrats on the check! 
  • Thank you! I'm super jazzed because they were our only choice for photography and because they book soon...they're completely booked for 2013!
    Anniversary
  • Ive got my venue, DJ, photographer and transportation booked! AND I said yes to a dress last weekend!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So we have our church checked off. Meeting with church coordinator on March 20th. Our reception venue has been picked. Paying deposit tomorrow. Taking engagement pictures Saturday. Afterwards I can work on sending out save the dates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have picked our venue and now we are trying to decide on pictures and time to take the engagement and what wedding pictures and time for her to be at ceremony and reception we have limited time like 3 hours or 6 hours
  • Wow, I feel like I'm behind!  In my defense, we just got engaged a few weeks ago, so I just started planning.  Our date is 5-31-14, and all we have done is booked our church/reception hall.  Oh, and we have our wedding party decided on.

Question--when is too late to shop/buy your dress?  I have quite bit of weight I want to lose before I seriously shop for dresses, mainly because I'm scared that the dresses won't fit me.  :(

• Congrats on checking that off! I've been engaged for a lil over a year already (since Aug. 2011) so I've crossed off quite a bit already (I'm a big planner and like to get things done asap, especially since I get very busy during the school year with work & grad school!) - we've booked our venue, photo & video, ceremony music, DJ for reception, officiant, sent out save the dates a few weeks ago, and this past week I found my wedding dress!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I chose my style of dress, chose wedding party (not permanent) colors, location (no venue), honeymoon location.
  • bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    @Sara_beth21: Congrats on your recent engagement! 12 months is plenty of time to plan a wedding...and some have even done it in less time :)
    I would say that you have a few months to order...I have heard to leave at the very least 6 months btwn ordering your dress and your wedding date. Go as soon as you feel comfortable

@ArtTeacher: Congrats on finding your dress...what does it look like?

@jwhit150: where are you honeymooning to? I am not sure if FI and I will be doing a honeymoon right after the wedding
    Anniversary
  • @bellaluna290 -  Thank you!! It's an Oleg Cassini form David's Bridal.  Since I can't show FI, I feel like I'm showing everyone I can lol:

I'm not sure about the veil yet, or if I'm even going to wear one depending on how I do my hair but the one I have on in the pic in my fav by far!

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 A friend of mine got married in that same dress a few years ago. It's so gorgeous on you! The mantilla is nice, but it might take away from the lace in your gown
    Anniversary
  • @bellaluna290 Thank you!!! I'm so in love with that dress; it was on my list, but I had crossed it off cuz the pic on the website doesn't do it justice... when I saw another girl in the store wearing it I was like "OMG I need to try that on!" and the woman helping me was like "You crossed that off!"  Yea, that's my current deliema -  I love the lace veil but it might be too much with the lace on the dress.  Some of the other veils I tried on I just didn't like and my mom says I might not even need one, but I feel like the veil is what really makes me feel like a bride.  Oh well, still got time to figure it out!
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I got engaged March 2012.

Here's when I booked everything...
    Venue-April 2012
    Church-June 2012
    Photo/Video-Dec 2012
    Limos-Jan 2013
    DJ-Jan 2013
    Florist-Feb 2013
    Hotel Block-Feb 2013
    Ordered Dress-Feb 2013

We had our engagement session last Monday.  I ordered our Save The Dates yesterday.

On top of planning the wedding we also have to plan a move.  FI lives/works in NY...I live/work in NJ.  So my goal was to have everything planned by the year mark.  Thankfully I did it :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FutureMrsN3312 Where did you order your STDs from? I am also planning a move right after our wedding...so stressful!

I suppose I should update on my checklist..so far we have booked:
    Ceremony and Reception venue: 9/12
    Photography: 2/13
    DJ: 4/13
    Officiant: 5/13
    I am planning a trip back home in July to buy my dress :)
    Anniversary
  • I ordered them from Magnet Street.  After doing some research I found these to be the biggest magnet for a much cheaper price then a few other sights.  These are the ones I ordered http://www.magnetstreet.com/details/market/517/productId/32696  Instead of brown I used a few shades of pink. (to match my wedding colors)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got a wedding dress a couple of weeks ago.  I don't have any photos of it, but the dress is Allure 8923 for those who are curious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also ordered my STDs from Magnet Street -  great size for a good price, plus you can really customize it to fit your style/colors, etc.  Plus they have great customer service and very fast shipping.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats!
    We got engaged on Chirstmas and so far we have:
    the dress
    venue
    photographer
    DJ
    florist (just going to see our mock up)
    dress
    bridesmaid dresses (not ordered yet)
    invites (not ordered yet)
    church
    engagement photos

There's a lot fo small DIY's I want to do, so I'm trying to bang out the big stuff ASAP. Next step is ordering the STD's!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In the last few weeks, we just booked our honeymoon, picked our ceremony music and our florist.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello ladies! Here is my check list! My friends think I'm crazy for books all of these so early but I wanted to have my pick of vendors :)

Venue
    Dress
    Hair and Makeup
    Brides maids dresses
    Florist 
    DJ
    Photographer 

Happy Planning ;)
  • kellibastienkellibastien member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013

Wow! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has a bunch checked off the list! :)

Wedding Colors

Bridesmaids, Groomsmen

Chapel

Reception Hall

Wedding Dress

DJ

Photographer

Cake Baker

Save the Dates

Happy Planning Everyone!

• Word of advice: In going over my book of wedding checklists, I realized that May is the start of Prom season so if you need to book transportation do it early!!!  That hadn't even occurred to me...guess I'm gonna try to figure out transportation by the end of this year then......
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • May 31, 2014 wedding date, engaged 12/22/13.  I'm big on planning ahead, because I don't want to be super busy with odds and ends over the holiday season, and I know that the spring time right before our big day will be a blur.  So far we've gotten these things set:
    - church
    - reception venue
    - my dress! :)
    - photographer
    - DJ
    - We have an idea of the designs we'll purchase & from where for Save the Date's & invitations.
    - florist (Almost.  We're about to sign the contract!)
    - decorations for reception planned
  • Wedding date: 5/25/14

So far we have booked the venue and the photographer. We've decided on colors, bridal party, and bought wedding rings! We also picked out our invites (but won't order them until later).

I've been dress shopping like crazy, but haven't found anything. We've been interviewing DJs, officiants, and caterers and hope to have those book soon.

No idea about makeup, cakes, or bridesmaids dresses. *sigh* 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Engaged in March, Wedding date 5/17/14, we have booked:
    The church
    The venue/hotel so those rooms are blocked off
    Photographer
    Videographer
    DJ
    Bakery
    Photobooth
    Limo
    Florist
    Ice Sculpture
    Make up artist
    Favors
    Rehearsal dinner venue
    Bridal Shower venue

We just sent out our save the dates and I, as well, bought mine on Magnet street, they turned out really nice! :)

• Engaged in November. Wedding id May 17, 2014

Checklist:

Venue

Church

DJ

Photographer

And my dress!!!!!!1

• May 17th, 2014 too! 

We got engaged May 17th, 2012.
    We've checked off both venues, the photographer, videographer, officiant (my uncle: easy), the caterer, the cake, and the florist. 

I thought we were super far ahead, so it is a good heads up that other people have gotten all this and more done, so we know to keep booking before the vendors are taken!

When is everyone sending out Save The Dates? I have them designed, but I am too scared to send them because I am afraid something might change with my guest list. I am not sure what, but I have come to expect the worst after lurking around the etiquette board for awhile. We have a small venue compared to the size of my family, so I don't have much wiggle room. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards