Canada

Flower Questions-Ottawa

Hi everyone! 

I have zero experience with flowers and how much they should/could cost. We would need decorations for our church, about 12 centerpieces, a head table centerpiece and floers for 4 bridesmaids and 4 grooms men. any idea what a good budget number for that would be in Ottawa or has someone else done something simmilar in Ottawa?

Thank you!

Re: Flower Questions-Ottawa

• I wish I could help. I am just starting to think about flowers .. I need help too!

• I've gotten a few quotes so far.
    I'll give you an idea of what I've been quoted. I don't want to spend ALOT of money on flowers, but I still do want some flowers. So my numbers are typipcally on the lower end because I absolutely did not want anything over the top becuase I didn't want to pay for it.

Floral Centerpieces start at about 25 and go up from there.

The two places I enquired about Ceremony flowers, they both quoted me $75 per arrangement. So we're doing either one altar spray or two floor arrangments to go on either side of the altar. 
    If you are doing a head table, the one altar spray can then be doubled as your head table center piece.

For your wedding party flowers I'd estimate about 300-500 depending on your type of flowers.

I've got 3 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 Mom corsages & 2 Father Boutineers. To save some money we decided to go with clutches for the bridesmaid. Both cost effective and practicle. I still wanted to give my girls something floral, so we are doing corsages for them as well.
    My wedding Party total for the 7 attendants, our parents and ourselves, came to $309 plus hst.

The most expensive was my bridal bouquet. It was quoted at $145 I was floored, but the florist said this is typical for a brides bouquet.

So just a quick recap... 
    Wedding Party Flowers - 300-500
    Centerpieces - 25+/ea
    Ceremony Flowers - 75/per arrangement

Let me know if you need some pointers on florists. I got a bunch of quotes. Some much higher than others!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi,

I'm a wedding planner in Ottawa and can put you in touch with a great florist that can work within your budget.  You tell her how much you want to spend and she comes up with some suggestions.  Very reasonably priced and amazing service. 

aaron@wiseevents.ca
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards