Massachusetts

XP: Anyone spending $10,000 or less

Hi girls.  I'm trying to help someone with a total budget soup to nuts of $10,000.

Anywhere in MA, NH and Southern, ME is fine.  Preferably witha  hotel near by.

215 guest list with the hopes to get it to 175.
No photographer needed
No flowers except for BP necessary.
She found a DJ for $700.

Any ideas on venue? 

Re: XP: Anyone spending $10,000 or less

• edited December 2011
    Is she willing to do outdoors? I'd suggest looking into national parks - a friend of mine did one in Vermont and while there was a lot of DIY (as you'd expect) they saved a lot. Some parks also have rentable indoor spaces. They were also allowed to supply and serve their own alcohol, big savings there! I'm not sure of the laws in other states, though. They also had a reasonable cost for the caterer as they had a bbq style meal.

Flowers, I'd say do it herself - find a good place to buy nice looking and seasonal flowers (even local groceries can be this), practice wrapping with ribbon or some theme-matching fabric, not too hard.

Also, unless there is a strong need for dj, an iPod and sounddock saves a lot of money, and is easier to deal with if she goes the outdoor option.
  • I very briefly made an inquiry to red hook brewery in Portsmouth, NH (never visited but spoke with the events manager.  The rental fee was 1500.  There was an outdoor patio, but you would need a tent.  It included picnic benches.  There was also an indoor space but looked pretty "meh."  The menu they sent to me was like $11 pp for lunch entrees, which is unreal.

The W. MA board reccommends look park a lot for something inexpensive, I checked it out on line but ruled it out.  might suit your needs though.

And I don't know what % most people devote to DJ, w/ that budget I might consider an iPod.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards