Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Newbies/Lurkers Come Here!

Happy Monday morning!  I know we've got a bunch of new engagements from the holidays and Valentines' Day.  Here's your risk-free chance to come out and say hi :)

Tell us your name, how you got engaged, whatever you you want!  Please please pretty please? Also feel free to ask us any questions you've got.

(P.S. Everyone else? Feel free to say hi, too, to break the ice!)

Re: Newbies/Lurkers Come Here!

• edited December 2011
    Not new, but I'll start!  = )

I'm Andrea & FI is Michael.  We got engaged on May 18, 2006, on a mountain in Wyoming, while we were working at a guest ranch for the summer.  Our wedding date is Friday, 09.09.11!  We're having a fall, woodsy theme, & I'm having a GREAT time working on all the wedding stuff!  We can't wait for September!!  = ) 

Random fun fact - Armadillos, opossums, & sloth's spend about 80% of their lives sleeping. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not new either...

My name is Bridget and my FI's name is Tate.  We got engaged on April 23, 2010 after 6 years of dating.  We are getting married on October 21, 2011 (7.5 years to the day of our first date).  We picked October because it's favorite month & during my favorite season.  It also is during our favorite sport season (football).  21 is 'our' number.  We started dating on April 21.  Tate's football number in high school and college was 21.  Our godchild was born on August 21.  And now our wedding anniversary will be 21.  We can not wait for October to get here!!!!

Random fact: more money is spent on gardening than on any other hobby!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_newbieslurkers-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:e7bbfbbb-7350-4312-a465-37429fa705e2Post:d59294d3-6fa1-4bd8-910b-ff68da41d377">Newbies/Lurkers Come Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Monday morning! Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;"><font color="#000000">I've been around a bit also. But to those of you that don't know me well...</font></span><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;"><font color="#000000"> 
    </font></span><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;"><font color="#000000">
    My name is Meghan and my FI's name is Andrew. He proposed on April 20th, 2010 at Centennial Lakes in Edina on the steps of the Amphitheater. He had a plan, and I had no idea what was happening till he was on one awkward knee asking me to say 'Yes'. (He was recovering from surgery he had two weeks prior.) We will be getting married on August 6th, 2011 in Minneapolis. We waited a bit to start the planning process, but it's starting to come along nicely. Everyone here has been wonderful with suggestions!!</font></span><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;"><font color="#000000"> 
    </font></span><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;"><font color="#000000">
    So, apparently going to bed would have been more beneficial that staying up to watch the Oscars..."You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV". </font></span>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Kate, FI is Thom, we got engaged mid september 2010.

Planning an October 8th wedding. It worked out to have a fall wedding timing wise, also, october 8th of 2010 was right around when the leaves peaked in the metro, so I I am hoping that happens again this year!!

Side note: So I worked out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I had SUCH an amazing workout on Sunday and I have had so much energy yesterday and even waking up this morning. I also purchased a scale on amazon. And sports bars and work out tops at target. And a bunch of stuff at Sephora. hahaha

Why can't every Monday morning start out like this one?????
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Sabrina, and Fi's name is Greg. We got engaged this past July. We are getting married May 18, 2012... outdoors (hopefully!) I am having a ton of fun planning the wedding, and would actually love to do it as a career! Crazy.. I know. We are having a more modern wedding, our colors are deep purple, lavender, and gray. The guys will be in gray suits, and I am so excited for that! 
  • edited December 2011
    HI everyone, Im not super new but don't post THAT often...

My name is Lyndsey, FI is Jeremiah n(in case my sn didn't give it away :P)  Jeremiah ALWAYS refers to me as "babe" again hense the sn.  I dont actually think I am a babe but made the name not knowing how much I would participate on the boards...  dont judge :D

SO Jeremiah and I have been dating since April 4, 2003, he proposed December 24th 2009 and we are getting married on November 19, 2011.  We (I) picked november b/c I want a fall/winter wedding and I am praying for snow.  I love the looks of winter weddings but Dec, Jan and Feb are jammed packed with birthdays and other holidays so November it is.  19 is my lucky number, also I was born on 2/19 and I have used 19 with everything so when I choses between 12th and 19th it was a no brainer.  Jeremiah is pretty much MIA with wedding plans, he said just tell me when and where and what to wear and I will be there.  He has picked his GM's and will help with the food but thats about it. 

SO no fun facts for me today... Excited to meet the lurkers!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Also not new!
    FI is David and I'm Shannan. We have been dating since March 24, 2004. David proposed technically Dec 25th, 2009 at 3:00AM but we count it has Christmas Eve. We are having our wedding on May 28th, 2011. It took us months to figure out a date that would work with the United States Air Force. Finally,we figured Memorial Day wknd was our best bet. My childhood church does not hold weddings on Sundays, and David wouldn't have been able to take the leave required for a friday wedding. Thus we landed on Sat. the 28th.

Abe Lincoln is my favorite President and I wish he were still alive because I have a major crush on him. LoL - how is that for random?!?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, c'mon... where are all of our newbies? I know there are people out there stalking us... just come say hi! Please? 

I love that you guys start throwing out random facts. Random facts are my favorite.  

Sooo, I suppose I should give a quick intro, too, huh? My name is Steph (duh), and my husband (!) is Jeremy.  We met 6 and a half years ago, during move-in weekend freshman year of college (aww.)  My neighbor and I literally went around knocking on doors to meet people; we ended up going to Applebee's with a bunch of our floormates (maybe 15-20 of us? all strangers.)  Jeremy and I ended up seated next to each other and we chatted the whole night.

Fast forward a few months, and I had broken up with my HS boyfriend (tsk tsk), cried on Jeremy's shoulder about it, made out with him, and we started dating.

Fast forward 5 years, and he proposed before our date night to the Guthrie to see Christmas Carol.  5 dozen roses, a quick trip to get my new ring resized (they made it 2 sizes too small!) and we were planning a wedding. :)

We got married this past November on a perfect Sunday afternoon.  It was 70 degrees and sunny.  We adopted a crazy puppy almost a year ago, so he keeps us busy. He's a year-old Siberian Husky/ Golden Retriever named Puckett (yes, like Kirby) and I spend most work days wondering what he's destroying at home.

sooo there's my long-winded story. Share yours!

P.S. I have almost 8,000 posts. that's ridiculous.

• edited December 2011
    Sorry Steph...I'm not new either!!

I'm Lisette (it's La-sette, NOT Liz-ette this common mistake drives me bananas).  FI is Tom/Tommy :0).  In August will have been together for 5 years.  He's the only guy I've ever dated Surprised.  We got engaged in May 09 the day before I graduated from college.  We were originally going to get married Sept 10 but due to finances we've pushed it back to 9/30/11.  We're SO ready to get married! But so happy we pushed it back, becuase we've been able to do things we normally wouldn't have been able to do. 

Random Fact:  8% of the population supplies 100% of our nation's blood supply.  Which means I encourage everyone here to donate blood!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone. I guess it's re-introduce non-newbies, instead. ;)

John (FI) and I have been together since Sept of 2008 when we met at a mutual friend's party in River Falls, WI. At the time, my best friend (also the mutual friend) lived in the house where we met and encouraged us to "get to know each other". I was rather intoxicated when we met, and so our conversation was a little silly and I ended up saying that I liked to analyze pizza (don't ask). I thought I made a complete a$$ of myself, but apparently I came off better than I thought! We started talking after that and eventually became "official" as a couple about 2 weeks later.

J proposed last September and we are planning a January 2012 wedding. I'm crossing my fingers for no crazy winter storms on my wedding day, but I know I can't be positive! EIther way, I'm excited for an elegant, romantic winter wedding at the Landmark Center. We are having it as a late Friday wedding with a dessert reception.

Random fact: My dog is snoring right now. REALLY LOUDLY! Haha, its funny because she rarely does it. Ok, yeah dumb fact.
  • mmeilers13mmeilers13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm fairly new to finding the minneapolis, st.paul board :)
    My name is Meghan and my FI is Brian.  We started dating in August of 2008. We met at Malt-O-Meal which is where we both work.
    Brian proposed one random morning when I got done with work (I work the pm shift).  He had notes on places and I followed trails of chocolates to each note, finally finding him and our dog Tuck outside where he proposed!
    We are getting married Aug. 27, 2011!
    We have been having a great time planning everything.  Now I'm down to more of the details and getting a little stressed out now.  Brian is busy planning our honeymoon to Hawaii too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • happytohelphappytohelp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Jenny and my wife's (yes, we were married in CT) name is Sara. 

Well, I'm not technically new to TK, but I did recently start a new account under a new name (is that allowed??  hmmmmm) and here's why:

After getting married in 2001 and divorced in 2004, I was remarried last year on June 12, 2010.  It was awesome.  And I loved planning so much that I am now doing it as a hobby for number of recently engaged friends!  I'm working with 3 different couples right now and I'm totally digging it!  A new profile felt like a clean break.

I hope that I can provide as much help to others on this board as I know you all will provide to me.

Random fact:  My boss often seems to compliment my work more on days when I feel like I've spent the majority of the time not getting anything done (perhaps I was cruising TK ...).  Weird.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards