South Asian Weddings

Favors

Anyone have an idea for Indian themed favors?  I am trying to think of a really cute and unique idea, but am drawing a blank.

Re: Favors

• edited December 2011

You could do the lacqured trinket boxes or frames.  If you can't go to India, I have seen some cute things at Pier and Cost Plus World Market.  You can out mukhwas, indian chai bags, sweets, or mints inside.  You could do a bowl-the silver or stainless teel ones with a nice design.  The ones I have seen are small-no more than 3 or 4 inches wide.  The couple wasn't gujrati but the bride was a dancer-so their favors were decorated  dandhia sticks  The possibilities are endless-it just depends on how much you want to pay.

ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    You could also do small wooden elephants (or Ganesh), incense holders, Indian candle holders, small vases, etc. I agree with mastistyle - the possibilities are endless!
  • asha03asha03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas.  I think I like the tea idea, but incense is also good also.
  • edited December 2011
    Achar in little glass jars. If you are near a big Indian grocery store, you can get those giant indian achar bottles, divide them in smaller jars, make a cute label with bride and groom's name on the computer and put a bow on it.
  • edited December 2011
    Hace you tried www.indianweddingcard.com? I've been looking at several of their boxes to fill with candies. They have many under $1 each, but the most common cost seems to be between $2 and $4.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered samples from indianweddingcard.com and was disappointed in the size of the white metal boxes.  They were so small, some would barely fit an m&m.  They have some great stuff but I suggest ordering samples first.   I believe they credit you the cost of the samples towards your order.
  • asha03asha03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will have to check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out this site - -they have some unique stuff, directly from India. 

• meelabeelameelabeela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

marigoldsandmithai.blogspot.com just had a post about doing Indian Masala Chai as favors.  The idea was to put the dry ingredients in a jar or metal tin with a nice label with the bride and groom's name and the directions to make the chai.  Looked like such a cute idea!

• edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I made these favor boxes out of decorative ribbon. I got them around Christmas time, and surprisingly it fit my theme. (very indianish)

Let me know if you want more designs, I plan on making more and trying to sell them.

They are simple...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards