Oregon

Tasty and affordable wedding cake

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a beautiful and tasty cake?  I'm looking at getting buttercream icing rather than fondant, and don't want to spend more than $4.50 a slice.  Recommendations would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
79image Will be joining the celebration
67image Can't make it
22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9

Re: Tasty and affordable wedding cake

• edited December 2011
    I got mine at Lamb's Thriftway and spent $380 for a 3 tier butter cream.  It was DE-LISH!
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Helen Bernhard's bakery by Lloyd Center. They have been around for years and their prices are slightly cheaper than Lambs.  My daughter had carrot cake, german chocolate cake, and lady baltimore cake, YUMMMMM!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Bittersweet Baking (she's out of Salem) - price starts at $3.75/slice

It was AMAZING cake - got so many comments about it. We even had her make us a cake for Thanksgiving (we didn't get to taste the chocolate)
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Sweetcakes by Melissa as well.
  • Becca0517Becca0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Lamb's Thriftway.  I had a 2 tier cake with 2 1/4 sheets for $300-ish.  They have delicious flavors, including our favorite, banana!

We'll end up hand in hand
    Somewhere down on the sand
    Just me and you
  • edited December 2011

Cakes by Char in Damascus is very very reasonably priced, cakes start at $2/slice and she is fabulous!  503-680-0922. Search "cakes by char" on facebook for pics. She did mine, it's the chocolate one!
    Also, His Bakery in Oregon City...deeeeelicious!! And the lady who owns the place is the sweetest Southern gal.  Very reasonably priced.
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though I would recommend Helen Bernhard's bakery (I have had over 7 wedding cakes at friends and family weddings over the last 10 years), I absolutely loved the cupcakes that my niece served for my great nephew's bday from HIS bakery 2 months ago.  I don't know what the prices are for cake but my niece shopped around for a cheaper price when she ordered cupcakes and went with His Bakery.
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We got our wedding cake from Market of Choice and it was the best cake I've ever had at a wedding, IMO. Our two tier cake cost $162 and was meant to serve 50 people - we cut the slices small and had quite a bit leftover. My only gripe is that our local store charges an outrageous amount for in-town deliveries. DH and I picked the cake up ourselves and it was just fine, but a larger cake might be trickier.

Still, it was so delicious, and beautiful, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Le Cookie Monkey!!!  http://lecookiemonkey.com/

Amber of Le Cookie Monkey is incredible! Our cake fed 100 people and was less than $300! It was around $3.50 a slice! And everyone said it was one of the best cakes they ever tasted (and I thought so too). She is super friendly and creative and her cakes taste delicious. And you cannot beat the price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards