North Carolina

Ceremony Venues in Asheville

Does anyone have any suggestions for wedding ceremony venues in the Asheville area?  I am looking at a possible venue in downtown for the reception but it isn't big enough for a ceremony at the same place.  I am open to suggestions!

Re: Ceremony Venues in Asheville

• toribritetoribrite member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Homewood? It is in the Montford area and close to downtown. It is a gorgeous castle! They can do receptions too if you want the whole package. Also there is a BnB near the Biltmore Village that does ceremonies only and it's very pretty. Also lots of BnBs in Montford- but they usually only do small ceremonies. So it depends on your guest list. If you don't like any of those PM me and I'll think of more ideas lol.

I live in AVL and am getting married in the area as well. I am not too far in my planning yet (since the wedding is in about 2 years) but let me know if you have any other questions or wanna share any info!

Nichole
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try out some local parks, I'm renting a pavilion at Lake Julian for $75, my sister rented a community room at the lake in black mountain for super cheap. A lot of venues around here are really expensive and you'll never visit them again for anything other then a wedding, parks can be both a great way to save money and to get married in a spot that you can revisit every year (for free!)
    edited December 2011
    Gaffer: Thanks for the info! I would be interested in Lake Tomahawk, but it doesn't look like they have a place to stay the night/week there.

I am looking for a place that has a ceremony site, reception indoor site, and a house rental for the wedding party to stay in (very difficult to find for cheap btw). So far my best choice is Cheshire VIllage (Black Mountain). I also looked at Yesterday Spaces (Lester or however you spell it) and Mountain Lodge (Flat Rock). All of them are fairly new and therefore not as expensive (yet).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The lake in black mountain has a small comminity room, and there's a lot of vacation rental houses within a short driving distance. I would recomend looking at the community room first and seeing if it could host your wedding, how many people are you wanting to have? There is an upstairs and a downstairs that you can rent, and a small kitchen attached if you want to save even more money and heat up your own food! There are also bathrooms, parks for kids, pavilions etc.

There is also an upstairs and downstairs, the upstairs has a nice view of the lake and the downstairs would be perfect for storage or a changing room.
    edited December 2011

I definitely want a place that has a house within  walking distance for ourselves and the wedding party. I don't want to worry about people driving after drinking at the wedding. I know some will have to, but I'm trying to make it so that most people don't.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Flirt01Flirt01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Hendersonville, and work right near Mountain Lodge in Flat Rock. Their facility is pretty decent.
    One place I would NOT reccomend is the Lake Lure Inn down in Lake Lure/Chimney Rock...they are outrageously priced for whatt they offer and honestly not very nice. They have a lot of weddings there but the space is really dated and just ehhhh...
    I would reccomend the Esmeralda Inn in Chimney Rock. They are wonderful and it's a beautiful place. They are about 20 miles from Asheville. Here is the website: http://www.theesmeralda.com/
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • McHottsMcHotts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding at the Sleepy Hollow Inn, which is about 10 min from downtown and it was the best time. If you are open to having ceremony and reception there, you rent the entire Inn for the weekend and the staff is great. Also, they offer great all-inclusive packages that made planning a wedding a dream!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Mountain Lodge and liked it. Still more expensive than Cheshire Village though, and less pretty. Although the reception can hold more people, which is nice.

I drove by Lake Lure Inn and wasn't impressed. And I agree- their prices are way too high.

I'll check out Sleepy Hollow and Esmeralda :) Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards