South Carolina-Charleston

Honeymoon suggestions?

My fiance and I are looking for a few honeymoon options that offer a nice, beautiful atmosphere but we don't want to spend an arm and a leg. We know we don't want to go to Mexico but are pretty open otherwise and would like to travel outside the U.S. Any geographical suggestions or recommendations of specific resorts would be great. Our wedding is in early December so we definitely want something tropical. Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon suggestions?

• brooks55brooks55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the Dominican Republic a number of time - beautiful & afffordable.stayed at the RIU resorts each time - all inclusive, had a European flair to their food, really nice rooms with a 4 bottle liquor bar included.
    Try Vacation Express - you can peruse their locations and book air & resort with them.
    www.vacationexpress.com

Just curious - why don't you want to go to Mexico? That is one of my favorite countries to visit - just not Cancun - too touristy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What are yur thoughts on Jamaica? We went there last year and stayed at the Gran Bahia In Runaway bay and loved it. It's beautiful, all inclusive and reasonable priced. The Couples and Secrest resorts are truly beautiful but a little more expensive. We may go to either couples or Secrets for our honeymoon next year but have also heard good things about St John so we may end up going there since we think of would be nice to go somehere new for our honeymoon. Hope this helps!
  • stickbystickby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the Caribbean - Jamaica (although i don't recommend Montego Bay), there are a lot of options in the Bahamas, St Lucia, St thomas/St John, Dominican Republic, Belize.
  • edited December 2011
    whatever you do don't go to sandals....we went to sandals st lucia and it was just not a very nice place....food was not good...their "premium" wine was berringer and the liquor and beer options are pretty limited too. be cautious of all inclusive vacations because the quality of everything included is probably not going to be that great.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • UgaAli05UgaAli05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went on a Southern Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon and had a blast!  We left out of San Juan and went to the Southern Caribbean (Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Croix).  We also looked in to a few of the Sandals resorts but just liked the fact that with a cruise we'd be on a different island each day and there would be tons to do!
    We went with Royal Caribbean and the price ended up being about 1/2 of what we would have paid for a week at Sandals.  We went in January and the weather was great - around 85 degrees and no hurrianes to worry about :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards