Wisconsin
Options

Outdoor Evening Wedding in Wisconsin

Hey Everyone,
I am currently contemplating an outdoor evening Summer wedding in Wisconsin. I am obviously trying to find venues that will allow for a ceremony indoors in case the weather is bad. I was just curious if anyone in Wisconsin, or anywhere really, had an outdoor evening wedding. Did you still have a dinner? hor d'ourves? How late did you have the ceremony? Answers to questions like that would be helpful.
Thank you,
Opal

Re: Outdoor Evening Wedding in Wisconsin

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    What city are you considering? This will help us suggest venues for you.

Keep in mind, if you're having an evening ceremony anytime before 8:00PM, it is expected and proper etiquette to serve a full dinner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_outdoor-evening-wedding-in-wisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:47f04cc7-7e4a-45f0-931f-b6782d4c4450Post:7ce94b97-5727-4cd9-a8f5-5ddc7f235120">Re: Outdoor Evening Wedding in Wisconsin</a>:
    [QUOTE]What city are you considering? This will help us suggest venues for you. Keep in mind, if you're having an evening ceremony anytime before 8:00PM, it is expected and proper etiquette to serve a full dinner.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>The wedding will be near or in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. </div>
  • Options

Sounds like the Country Springs Hotel might be perfect for you. I normally don't recommend them, since it is the "cookie cutter" Wisconsin wedding IMHO. But they have been doing weddings for longer than I've been alive and definitely have it down to a science.

http://www.countryspringshotel.com/weddings/default-en.html

• Options
    We are 3 miles east of Sherwood. We do outdoor weddings and in the unlikely event of poor weather we hold the wedding in our Dairy Barn. Check us out at mulberrylanefarmwi.com. Click on Group Gatherings and then on Weddings to see a video of an outdoor wedding. We have maybe 4 Saturdays left in 2013 and are just beginning 2014 bookings.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_outdoor-evening-wedding-in-wisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:47f04cc7-7e4a-45f0-931f-b6782d4c4450Post:007fb111-f546-4b35-86c6-08c35fdbc0fc">Outdoor Evening Wedding in Wisconsin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Everyone, I am currently contemplating an outdoor evening Summer wedding in Wisconsin. I am obviously trying to find venues that will allow for a ceremony indoors in case the weather is bad. I was just curious if anyone in Wisconsin, or anywhere really, had an outdoor evening wedding. Did you still have a dinner? hor d'ourves? How late did you have the ceremony? Answers to questions like that would be helpful. Thank you, Opal
    Posted by oalbrecht[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards