Ohio-Cincinnati

Fudge/Suggestions on Local Candy Shops?

Does anyone know of a local candy shop or bakery (or any place for that matter) that sells whole blocks of fudge?

We want to have a full-on dessert bar with cakes, pies, a candy bar, and... fudge!  A la this photo below:

I just can't think of any place locally that makes fudge like this.  I think Supreme Nut & Candy does but I'm pretty sure that they just get it shipped to the store so in that case, I might as well order some online.  I'm looking for something fresh and local.

Re: Fudge/Suggestions on Local Candy Shops?

• dufourjsdufourjs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you tried haute chocolate in montgomery? i've never tried their fudge but the rest of their chocolates are delicioussss... and it's a small business so i bet they would work with you on a custom order. good luck, your desert bar sounds awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Fawn in Hyde Park, Aglamesis in Oakley or Esther Price.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• weishaslweishasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say the Fawn also. There is also a location on the west side in cheviot. I may be partial FMIL works there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hugsquirthugsquirt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look up Schneider's Sweet Shop in Bellevue KY!  They make their own candy right there (I used to work there in highschool), from opera creams to fudge of all kinds (chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla) in big sheets like you mentioned.  Not sure the exact address but it's on that main street with a lot of new shops springing up...  good luck!  Love the dessert bar idea.
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Esther Price Candy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There's also Sweet Tooth Candies in Newport.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]There's also Sweet Tooth Candies in Newport.
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

YES!! That is what I was going to say. I love their fudge/candies and I have been going there since I was a kid.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • emmmbeeeemmmbeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys!  These are great suggestions.  I'll definitely check into all of them.

I checked out Sweet Tooth yesterday because I was scooping up Easter candies  but they were pretty busy so I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone about a special bulk order.  Their fudge is $9.99 a lb but I'm hoping I might be able to get a deal if I place a bulk order.  I started calculating and it's going to be pretty expensive but I don't want to give up my fudge bar dream! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards