Snarky Brides

Evening

Good Evening!

I'm watching the 3rd party candidate debate for Free and Open Elections. On CSPAN, It's already brilliant.

Other than that, I've been scrubbing out my H's car's trunk for the last few hours.  It's just not getting clean.  He spilled a bit of gas the other day and the smell is so bad he's had to drive with all windows down because of the fumes.  I've tried all the old wives tricks so hopefull I've got it now.

Re: Evening

• Hi y'all...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:efb8bce9-8794-42b2-b848-847bdb1b6554Post:44c7e3cc-6f25-4426-b483-dfdf70e3fbc0">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope you can get the smell out Anna. I finally did the laundry but it's still not put away.  Right now I'm watching SVU reruns on USA.  I love the TR Knight episode.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

<div>My laundry from last night has still not been put away. I've been nursing a headache and just can't be bothered.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm curled up on the couch with Griswold watching Bridesmaids and sipping a hot chocolate FI just rbought hom for me on his work break. He's so sweet. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hope you got the smell out Anna.  

I'm hoping the 3rd party debate is on youtube later.  I want to watch it, but I missed it (I think it's over now...).  I'm hoping to fill out my absentee ballot this weekend.  I've got nothing else going on this weekend so that seems like a good use of my time.  I'll be doing lots of Googling to get up to speed on the issues in CO that are on the ballot.  
  • Watching SOA, as soon as its over, going to bed.

I made nachos tonight for dinner and I bought us Jeni's ice cream for dessert, yum!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mmmm... ice cream :).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:efb8bce9-8794-42b2-b848-847bdb1b6554Post:93a5c586-c4a2-4e0c-8266-3abdb300ccdb">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]mmmm... ice cream :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Actually I was good, I bought yougurt for myself. Lemon blueberry.
  • That sounds good too.  Refreshing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:efb8bce9-8794-42b2-b848-847bdb1b6554Post:32cd6968-29f3-45cd-90e6-83b03110a989">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds good too.  Refreshing.

Did you go to Jeni's when you were still here?
  • No, never heard of Jeni's.  I'd remember if I had since that's my name :) (well, I go by Jennifer - but close enough).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:efb8bce9-8794-42b2-b848-847bdb1b6554Post:23f8f150-7c07-4c0e-86a4-42562bbecfce">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, never heard of Jeni's.  I'd remember if I had since that's my name :) (well, I go by Jennifer - but close enough).

They're in Chagrin Falls, you should go when you come back.

<a href="http://www.jenis.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.jenis.com/</a>
  • Hey guys. 

Ice cream sounds good.

I had a hugely frustrating day, and decided it would then be a good idea to try and figure out holiday flight schedules. I'm dumb. Now I'm drowning my sorrows in pudding and H is frustrated too. :P
  • I'll keep that in mind.  We'll probably be back next summer at some point.
  • Where are you trying to go Az?
  • Washington State. Mom is guilt tripping me, even though we can't afford it, and I just saw everyone in August.
  • Bummer for the guilt trip.  That stinks.  My parents are just happy to spend whatever time we can get there or spare with us, MIL is the guilt trippy one.  This year we have a great excuse to just stay home :).  
  • Yes, well, my mother is the queen of that one. She complains that I haven't come home in 2 years (which is technically correct - I haven't been to their house), but she has seen me twice in the last 6 months even. I'm also the only one who bothers to call her on a regular basis, but that's never good enough. Poor H has to deal with me being all distraught about it.
  • Ugh.. that's an awful position to put you in.  My MIL calls and then spends half the phone call guilt tripping H for not calling more often.  Counter-productive lady - counter productive.
  • It doesn't help that we live really close to H's family, and hang out with them a lot. So she blames H and his family (illogically) for me not coming home more. And then she wonders why I don't want to come home, when she has done nothing to show that she likes H or wants him around. :P
  • LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    MIL gets upset that we spend a week's vacation with my family, or go there for a few straight days, but she doesn't seem to realize that until we moved in April, we saw her every couple of weeks and we'd only see my family once, maybe twice in a year.
  • Anna - did you try kitty litter? Put some in the trunk and leave it for a week. It shoudl absorb any odors...

Family guilt is the worst. My ex MIL was a pro. My mom tried, but I don't fall for it, so she has mostly given up, although she did make me feel pretty awful last year when I moved and DS chose to stay with his dad. Like I didn't have enough guilt/heartbreak over that already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:efb8bce9-8794-42b2-b848-847bdb1b6554Post:a80610c6-7a49-47b2-8aa0-cb2f8adcc829">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna - did you try kitty litter? Put some in the trunk and leave it for a week. It shoudl absorb any odors... Family guilt is the worst. My ex MIL was a pro. My mom tried, but I don't fall for it, so she has mostly given up, although she did make me feel pretty awful last year when I moved and DS chose to stay with his dad. Like I didn't have enough guilt/heartbreak over that already!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

<div>We did but it didn't make enough of a dent in only 24 hours. My H was driving with the windows all the way down and freezing.</div><div>
    </div><div>Looks like we got it now.  Scrubbing it with Murphy's oil soap seemed to do it after kitty litter, baking soda, febreeze, and vinegar didn't work.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards