July 2013 Weddings
Options

Invitation Indecision (PIP)

So we're finally at the point where we're seriously looking at invitations! Yay! But also, not yay! haha. I am so unbelievably picky about these stupid things -- I have LITERALLY looked at thousands of invitations and decided I only like four of them. Nuts, I know.
So I showed them to FI and he's very "pick the one you like" about it, which drives me nuts because I can't tell which is best. I'm hoping maybe you ladies can help me sort of decide?? Maybe??

Quick background: We're having a black tie wedding, but it's in Napa Valley so it's a very "easy" type luxury -- it's not in a grand ballroom with 500 people or anything, but rather a very intimate and romantic setting with emphasis on the little details. The primary colors are blush pinks, ivory, and gold and/or silver.

Option 1:
This one is *my* favorite one, but I can't decide if it's too informal.

Option 2:
This one is a classic formal invitation. The thickness on this thing is HUGE -- it's basically a coaster! While I know it's appropriate for black tie, I don't think it has very much personality to it...

Option 3:
This one is formally appropriate AND has personality, but I don't know how to send it (lol) and my dad thinks it looks like we're purposefully trying to "one-up" someone or that we're trying too hard...

Option 4:
These could be perfect (I'd change the swirlies to a pink foil color) but they're TWICE as expensive as the most expensive previous option. I just don't know if I can justify that kind of cost...

So, what are your thoughts? Which do you like and would expect of a formal wedding in Napa? (I can't just order a sample of each because they're ridiculously expensive to order as just one set, so I have to narrow it down to like... two. lol.)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation Indecision (PIP)

• Options
    I really like option 4, but I know you said they cost the most and I understand how you feel about not being able to spend that much. My second favorite would be option number 1, I really like the way they loo, because of the layout.. For option 3 just remember that if they are really thick then they will cost a lot to send out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i agree with PP.  if its cost then go with 1 but if you can do 4 then go for it :)
  • Options
    I like Option 1, I don't think it looks informal, especially if you will be indicating Black Tie. Also, the thickness and the shape can end up costing a whole lot more for postage. I don't think invites are an area worth blowing a budget for. Most people don't save them and barely pay attention to them. I feel like only other brides pay attention haha.
    Also, I really like your color choices! Mine are charcoal, blush, nude & cream.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with eberyone. Love 4 but if cost is not friendly, do 1. I will say invites were one of my big pains in the butt!!! So I feel you!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I agree, invite 1!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    Thank you, ladies!

I still feel so undecided, though! I hate these nit-picky decisions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I would go with #1. I love the design and don't think it looks too informal at all.
  • Options
    I would go with #1--I like 4 too but I don't think it's worth paying a lot more for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards