Snarky Brides
Options

Favorite travel sites?

Anything beyond Travelocity, Expedia etc that have a good rep.  What we are looking for is package deal to Las Vegas - flight/hotel/car and we would take a side trip or day trip to the Grand Canyon.  My mother told us when she was here last summer that she always wanted to see the GC.  Then when my brother's best friend was dying this fall, he kept telling my brother his dying wish was to see the Grand Canyon.  So my brother is thinking there's some reason we need to see the GC.  Which is fine with me - I've always wanted to go to LV and to see the GC.  So I'm trying to find some other sites to compare with Travelocity etc.  I tend to limit myself to whatever is on the first page of Google and I know there's tons more out there.

Re: Favorite travel sites?

• Options
    I always  book through Southwest, but that's because I love flying them. Or Jet Blue. I'm not really a big fan of Travelocity or Expedia, mostly because I haven't had good luck with that great of deals through them.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Tiffany - I checked SW and I did not see an option for package deals.  Well, I did, but only for hotel and flight.  I thought with 4 of us traveling it'd be easiest to just bundle all three together.  I'll have another look.  Thanks

ETA:  Okay, went through the site again and found it.
  • Options
    Hotwire, United Vacations for travel sites. Also, TravelZoo has some good deals on packages sometimes.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_favorite-travel-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88024369-2092-4725-a1fb-8994cb90d580Post:7416aee6-fed7-404d-bbef-23b52a04ebb5">Re: Favorite travel sites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried Triple A?  I'm drawing a blank on internet sites.  Hm, maybe try  <a href="http://www.lasvegas.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.lasvegas.com</a> ? 
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I found something on here (Luxor) but did not include car.  I sent it off to bro since he is comping the trip.  Thanks jcb or shall I call you sjr?
  • Options
    rdr - I get ttravelzoo updates in email.  From now on I will actually look at them.
  • Options
    I always book my vacations through Priceline. It beats Expedia in everything. Especially since it has the name your own price option.

I've booked Vegas, Hawaii, and San Fran through Priceline. No complaints so far.
  • Options
    But Priceline - isn't that the one where they don't reveal the hotel/airline/car rental until after you book it?  Or have they changed?  I'll look anyway.  Thanks.
  • Options
    I've found some good package deals to Vegas (with options to add excursions,etc.) at bookit.com.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    I don't really know if there's a huge difference between all the travel sites? Most of the time what they offer are pretty close. Though for our honeymoon we booked through United Airlines because they didn't charge you in full right away.

Marrin, have you been to Vegas ever? Are you familiar with the layout of the strip or any of the hotels? I've been there a two times. My preference location wise would be to more in the middle of the strip than at one end, where Luxor is located. Last time I was there we stayed The Mirage which a bit more central. One tip for booking rooms, if you do not care about which floor you are on, choose a lower floor because it will cheaper most of the time. 

When you're there, make sure you have good walking shoes that you've walked miles in before. I thought I had packed comfortable shoes, but after a few days of some serious walking, I had shin splints. Sprinting through the airport to try to catch our very quick connection to our next flight was not pleasant to say the least.  

ETA: If you can, stay there during the week instead of the weekend. It's much cheaper. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_favorite-travel-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88024369-2092-4725-a1fb-8994cb90d580Post:9cf3b304-e1c3-430a-9390-97165dedcabe">Re: Favorite travel sites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But Priceline - isn't that the one where they don't reveal the hotel/airline/car rental until after you book it?  Or have they changed?  I'll look anyway.  Thanks.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That is part of the name your own price option, but you can book fully known flights/airlines/hotels/etc too just like an expedia and/or orbitz and the like.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_favorite-travel-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88024369-2092-4725-a1fb-8994cb90d580Post:25fa2c0a-8699-4297-aa93-14481131add4">Re: Favorite travel sites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite travel sites? : That is part of the name your own price option, but you can book fully known flights/airlines/hotels/etc too just like an expedia and/or orbitz and the like.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what i was going to respond.

Their vacation packages are cheaper though than Expedia. Significantly actually, like $100+ / person for my Hawaii trip two months ago.
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

Buzz - no never been to Vegas.  My H has been several times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards