Louisiana-New Orleans

Maison Dupuy v. Hotel Mazarin (St.Louis)

Okay, I know there are quite a few posts about Maison Dupuy and St. Louis. (PS St. Louis is undergoing a takeover and is now going to be "Hotel Mazarin"). But I really want as many opinions as I can get about these two venues. Planning on having my ceremony and reception for 65 people at the same venue. The only negative I can find with either of them is that with the St. Louis you have to be out by 10:00pm (lame). Thanks in advance! Laughing

Re: Maison Dupuy v. Hotel Mazarin (St.Louis)

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at the Maison Dupuy.  The venue was lovely, but the food was just okay.
  • edited December 2011

We looked at both for my daughter's wedding.  The St. Louis was highly recommended by our wedding planner.  We eliminated the Maison Dupuy because the minimums were too high for a Saturday evening wedding which is what my daughter wanted.  Ultimately, my daughter decided to go a different route altogether.  She is getting married in Jackson SQ and the reception will be at Pat O's on the River.  I liked the fact that the St. Louis could cover the courtyard and offered weather protection.  Be aware that the pool at Maison Dupuy may be open to the public during your wedding.

• edited December 2011
    I can send you info on the St Louis if you like, but I rather not post on the boards right now .. what is your email.

FYI ...

The St. Louis stayed open until 11pm for my wedding.

Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    melle1228, please send me info on st louis hotel.. my wedding is there in 2.5 months!  omfsgirl1015 at gmail dot com
    thanks
  • lilmoseslilmoses member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the 10:00 thing is a new rule that comes along with the Hotel Mazarin take-over. I'm hoping they'll extend the time if we're willing to pay!

reagandishman@mac.com
  • nhm0506nhm0506 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at St. Louis 16 days ago and it was beautiful ad my guest can't stop talking about it. The only problem was not getting full disclosure about certain details from Rachel and not receiving the attention the day of my wedding that I thought I should have received. The construction was a big deal to me even though it was behind the scenes. I did not find out about it until September 30th but was told by one of my vendors that it was going on for awhile. The suite I got ready in was gorgeous but it was on the fifth floor and had to walk down 5 flights in my dress with construction debris everywhere which caused my bridesmaids to get dust all over their dresses. Also the wedding was to start at 6 and the best man had to go tell the workers to stop the construction right before I walked down the aisle.  Like I said the wedding was beautiful but just make sure you get what you want from Rachel and that the construction will be over with by the time you have your wedding. I can give you more issues if you would like but thought I should keep it to the day of.
    edited December 2011
    nhm0506 - That would awesome, the more info I can get the better. I'm meeting with Rachel in 3 weeks. My email is rldishman@gmail.com
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, how was the food at the St. Louis? That's gonna be a big deciding factor me.
  • xsfforcexsfforce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melle...can u also email me with info u have on the St. Louis/Mazarin...We are getting married there next October....Also, Rachel is a little rigid...what did u guys mean about et what u want from her...doesn't seem like shes flexible about anything....
    Alyce

my email is xsfforce@aol.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards