October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Times

Over the weekend, my FI and I looked at a farm to have our ceremony and reception at.  We both fell in love with it and I think this may be the one.  The only problem is that there is already another wedding booked for the day we want to have ours so we would have to have a day wedding.  I originally wanted to have my wedding at night, maybe starting around 5 but my FI said he might prefer a day wedding (ceremony starting around 11 or noon).  The venue is about an hour away from us so he is concerned that the distance might be too much at night.  The roads to get there are very windy and it is in the country.  I am curious to know if there is anyone else who is having a day wedding in October.  My only other option in order to have a wedding at night is to move the date to the following weekend which is a holiday weekend (this may be more expensive for our guests to travel).  I don't know what to do but I do love this place!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Wedding Times

• That is true about Columbus Day weekend.  I think my work is open that day and I have heard a lot of people do have to work that day.  I am going to talk to my FI and see if he would be willing to move it to the following weekend.  We don't have any specific reason for the date we chose, I just always wanted to get married in October.  I don't want to feel like I'm competing with another wedding and worry about them showing up and walking in on our reception.  I think I might do a late afternoon ceremony, maybe around 2 or 3 so that way the reception won't be over too late at night.  The place we are looking to get married at offers camping for our guests and there are inns and bed & breakfasts around so I think we will be fine.  Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • I think that sounds like a good idea! I wouldn't want anyone interfering with my wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards