Kansas

Venues in Wichita?

I need help finding one ! I seemed to have looked EVERYWHERE ! My FI & i are getting married in october & we are going to have about 200 guests We are open to outdoor weddings also . Any suggestions ?!
IAmPregnant Ticker image

Re: Venues in Wichita?

• whitters2240whitters2240 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Wichita Kansas and Also am getting married in October. I am extremely happy with my wedding venue. I am having the ceremony and reception at Gallery One Nine in the SC Telecom building downtown. The website is galleryone-nine.con, they give you a wedding planner with your package and you can customer build your price and package. I am so happy its all the fun with little stress because the venue manages everything. I cant think of anything negitve to say about the gallery. Hope this helps. Happy searching!!!

Whitney 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both !

Whitney is the Gallery extremely expensive ?
    & what is your wedding date !
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • raggedeannieraggedeannie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jess,

I looked at Gallery One Nine and personally wasn't that impressed.  It's sort of a unique setup with multiple rooms, rather than a big ballroom.  Seems like it would be great for a cocktail where people are mingling about, but not so much for a sit down dinner like we are planning.  Also I'm not sure that it could accommodate the size of your group.  I heard from my caterer that they refuse to work with them due to management issues.  It seems like a cool space, just not for what I had in mine for my wedding.  I think they quoted us at $2000 or so.

I'm planning my reception at Cowtown, believe it or not, in their brand new Visitor's Center, which is really nice!  They have indoor space and an outdoor patio so you could use both. It's $1200 for 6 hours.

Other cool spots we looked at... Homewood Suites hotel at the Waterfront on the East Side has a nice patio area/banquet hall.  The Ville at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church is kind of cool.  I believe both of these were quoted at $2000, maybe more at the hotel.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much !
    My Maid of Honor's mom got married at cowtown too , so thats the second time i've heard about that . I think i may check it out ! I wasnt too impressed with the Gallery once i saw how it was setup . It would be great if i had a smaller group i think though . I am still not sure if we are going to have a sit down dinner quite yet or not . But thank you for your help ! are you having your ceremony & reception there ?! is it decorated already or do you provide decorations !?
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • raggedeannieraggedeannie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jessi,
    I'm only having my reception at Cowtown, and no it's not decorated - they will set up tables and chairs for you but you have to provide everything else.  It's really a beautiful space, though, so it doesn't need much, if anything, on the walls.  I'll be doing pretty much exclusively table decorations - maybe some lights or tulle around the cake.  The Visitors Center is wall-to-wall paned windows and high ceilings!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you ladies for your help !
    we decided on cutting the list a bit & having our wedding & reception ,
    at aunt sue's , its a little bed & breakfast in mulvane , if you didnt know .
    i love the feeling of it !
    wish you guys the best of luck!
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • ndaynday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gallery One Nine is not a good option.  I was maid of honor for a friend's wedding last year and they changed plans last minute on her as well as refused to pay the caterer.  The bride was so upset.  They didn't honor their contract and a lot of the guests were upset with not being able to view the couple or hear the toasts, etc
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Whitney. We were looking at Gallery One Nine, also. We had gotten to the point of a proposal and about to sign a contract until I had a sneaking suspicion I should check their references. The people I spoke with didn't have very great things to say to me even after the owner Andrew took about a week to search for people to give good reviews. I really wanted (and still do) to have my reception there (as we're out of town i was sold on the wedding planner involvement) but after further looking into them we found some really disturbing information. There's a lot of vendors who refuse to work with them at all because they haven't been making payments to them for their services. Also, I researched the company that owns the building they are in and it looks like they've had properties forclosed on all over Wichita. I didn't want to risk all of that with our reception, so, sadly... we're still looking for somewhere else. I so loved the space too. Also, Andrew got really confrontational with us when we told him about what we learned and asked him to explain it. It was really off-putting.

I really hope none of that happens to you, but I just wanted to make you aware.

Congratulations on your pending nuptuals and best of luck!
  • Does anyone have photos of the inside of the Wichita Cowtown Museum Visitor's Center? We live out of town and can not seem to find any pictures online. 

Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards