Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

CA Child support Laws

I'm marrying a wonderful man who is a father to a 20 yr old, 17 yr old and 15 yr old. Sad to say the ex wife tries to get money from him any way she can...mind you with her full time job as a school teacher, part time job and child support she makes about $10,000 a month. The children are takin care of by the grandma, aunts and the father when ever they need anything. 18yr old was driving a brand new Mustang when she turned 18 yrs old that matched her mom's.
Can the ex come after my income for child support?

Re: CA Child support Laws

• You're best off asking your attorney on this one (though I do believe over 18 years are considered adult?). Good luck.
  • I am not an attorney, but have some experience in CA CS laws... Your income is not considered, however your combined income/tax status could affect the amount of money required for your household - so in essence he could see an increase because his living expenses will be assumed to be shared with you.

There is a CA child support calculator on the DCSS that takes everything into account.  99% of the time, the outcome of this calculator is ordered.
  • I'm no attorney but I was under the impression he wouldn't have to pay for anyone over 18yrs of age. Unless he owes child support from previous years he did not pay. I could be completely wrong and asking an actual attorney would be the best course of action.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope she can't. Only his. My mom's a lawyer.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thank you everyone for your positive feed back! He finally got a $100 answer from his Lawyer and the answer is.....NO!! Thank the gawd! I'm getting married in Nov 2012!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_ca-child-support-laws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f7363737-153b-407b-98ee-6d34ef235609Post:3dca5aa6-28df-45f1-8e0b-490ed62dbb15">Re: CA Child support Laws</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm no attorney but I was under the impression he wouldn't have to pay for anyone over 18yrs of age. Unless he owes child support from previous years he did not pay. I could be completely wrong and asking an actual attorney would be the best course of action.
    Posted by erollis[/QUOTE]

Unless its in their agreement. My father paid till 21 because I was in college.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards