Kansas

Suggestions and Comments

Okay ladies, I am a formet knot girl who got married a year and a half ago....I got so much help by reading and discussing on these boards....now my best friend is getting married and only has 6 months to plan! She's looking for a local place in KC that can hold up to 300 people...her budget is about $1500...if you guys have ANY ideas at all, let us know!

Also, she mentioned looking at the Pavillion in Shawnee, KS....looks like a nice place on the inside but the outside doesn't really match....if you've heard of this place, what do you think? If you havent...do you think it would matter that the outside looks kinda old?

Re: Suggestions and Comments

• edited December 2011
    I've heard the Lenexa Convention Center is nice- i'm not sure the price on it, but its a pretty setting.

I'd also check the Missouri-Kansas City forum as well, there are people that post from both missouri and kansas and could provide some suggestions as well.
  • teacherbride7teacherbride7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yellow Rock Barn is outside of Independence and is lovely.  www.yellowrockbarn.com is the site.  They do it all, food, cake, dj and the manager well who it was,CJ Caldwell is amazing.  I was engaged a couple of years ago and it ended up getting cancelled and she was AMAZING throughout the whole deal.  PM if you need more info.
    GL
  • edited December 2011
    Tell her to check out The Mission Theater in Mission Kansas. I don't know exactly how many it holds or prices but I have heard really good things about it. Also the Ramada Inn on Shawnee Missson PKWY I've heard good things about too--it may be a little small though but maybe worth checking out!

We looked at the Pav. and it's really nice...we were just turned off that it's between a Dollar General and liquor store. I will say though the lady (the owner) was REALLY awesome and I think sh'e'd be great to work with!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards