Snarky Brides

Shameful secrets.

Re: Shameful secrets.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:66668d5a-9af9-41aa-9e78-ade6782784f7">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : Thanks Star. H knows that I have a history with anorexia, but sometimes he just doesn't...GET it.  He doesn't understand the whole psychology behind it.  Which is starting to cause problems, too.  He's on board with eating healthy, but he doesn't get why it's a struggle for me to maintain that middle ground. He's not like...mean about it or anything like that, he just doesn't understand it.
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

If you DO decide to find a therapist and interpreter (or however you end up doing it if you do), it might be helpful for him to attend a session or two.  Your therapist can help him understand it better.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:0d12cb36-efe2-4faa-a31a-f527d8d079fe">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs - I have to ask... is that sig pic for realz?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Like, is it staged?  I don't know.  Probably.  But it's still awesome.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I didn't go to college or grad school graduations. I tried to skip high school but my mom made me go. 

• I love hot dogs and boxed mac and cheese (although I'm starting to call them Kraft dinners, lol.  Canadian-by-proxy.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:66668d5a-9af9-41aa-9e78-ade6782784f7">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : Thanks Star. H knows that I have a history with anorexia, but sometimes he just doesn't...GET it.  He doesn't understand the whole psychology behind it.  Which is starting to cause problems, too.  He's on board with eating healthy, but he doesn't get why it's a struggle for me to maintain that middle ground. He's not like...mean about it or anything like that, he just doesn't understand it.
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This could be contributing to your frustrations. The only suggestion I would have is to keep the dialogue going. Understanding may come with that..</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:2446ae5e-8374-49ca-851b-d1e2cbf4efd7">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : I get that.  I think it would be worth it if you could find an interpreter.  At least looking into it maybe. Eating disorders are hard, yo.  You shouldn't have to deal with it alone. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>You're right that I do need to lat least look into it.  Maybe I'll make that my goal for this weekend.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:0ff2d069-df4c-45fe-a5b5-0dd3fcfb6dc3">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : I'm not a CPA but I am a corporate credit manager, and I am always late on my bills.  Always.  It's never because I don't have the money to pay them; it's just that I'm disorganized and constantly forgetting due dates until they've already passed.  I'm trying to transfer responsibility over our personal finances to H, who is in consumer banking (or will be, when he's employed again).  But I'm starting to realize he's just as bad. (I'm never late enough for it to report to the credit bureaus, but usually late enough to rack up late fees.  Sigh.)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

My main issue is that we have stuff that auto-charges to my account (gym membership, electricity bill) and I always forget when they're supposed to clear. So, I'll check my balance in the morning, think I'm good, and then by the afternoon have no money left because of the stuff I forgot about. I have to write a check for our rent and other utilities/bills, so I just wish we could find a way where everything either auto-charges, or I have to write a check for everything. Having both going on feels overwhelming.

I told H we need to have a joint checking account strictly for bills, because the system we have right now is <em>so</em> not working (him transferring me $$ every payday, then having our bills come out of my personal account). It's just too jumbled together.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:0a994cc7-861e-4700-8be1-760eb6818f80">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : Like, is it staged?  I don't know.  Probably.  But it's still awesome.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]
    I wish I could read the label and see if it's actually for KoolAid. I hope it is though. That's just too horribly awesome.
  • I get my car washed once a year, if that. I keep the interior picked up and clean but I almost never get it fully cleaned.
  • I love budgeting. I fiddle around with our budget often, we usually have 4 months laid out so I can plan what's coming up. It changed but everything is paid meticulously on time. Its an obsession of mine. We have a lot of debt but I've made a major dent in it with the help of our budget.
  • Musu, we bought a pretty brand new car in October and haven't washed it yet. I really should look into that. 
  • I love terrible movies. I watched "Prom" yesterday.

Even though I love zombies, I'm terrified of horror movies and refuse to watch them.

I take baths every chance I can.

I learned how to ride a bike when I was 23.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like boxed mac and cheese (with extra cheese sprinkled on) more than homemade. I feel like this is a sin. The only exception is homemade mac and cheese with lobster. I might have to make this again soon.
  • Mehg, have you thought about auto-charging to a credit card and paying that off monthly (like, before interest accrues)?  I think that's what we're going to try next, for those merchants who will accept credit.  We'll still have to write checks for the mortgage and some utilities, I think.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:ef67df99-8285-4f80-a3f6-b70c8b50575b">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : If you DO decide to find a therapist and interpreter (or however you end up doing it if you do), it might be helpful for him to attend a session or two.  Your therapist can help him understand it better.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>If I ever get to that point, I will ask him to. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:6f9fdcec-d0f9-4915-b73c-c08a5e258242">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love budgeting. I fiddle around with our budget often, we usually have 4 months laid out so I can plan what's coming up. It changed but everything is paid meticulously on time. Its an obsession of mine. We have a lot of debt but I've made a major dent in it with the help of our budget.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I plan plan plan, budget budget budget, but it all goes to hell for me because I can't say no to anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:fb0aaa5e-5472-4460-ad00-b537fecc5f6d">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG AMY WAS A JUGGALO! I find that hilarious. I dont know why. I know nothing about ICP or Juggalos other than what Workaholics told me =)
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

H thinks it's hilarious and still buys me the CDs and DVDs and even asked me if I wanted to go to one of their shows.

He even showed all of his friends a picture of me with my face painted...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:1fa27d8a-9a72-488d-b809-65e0c952e68c">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get my car washed once a year, if that. I keep the interior picked up and clean but I almost never get it fully cleaned.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Same here with my truck.  H makes me get the new car washed more often. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:9cb9b162-27b7-42ae-94e4-32b8c3200c0f">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The background on my desktop at work is a romantic (sweet romantic, not sexy romantic) scene between my Sith inquisitor -- from the new Star Wars game -- and one of her NPC companions.  It replaced a picture of me and H.  I'm crushing on a cartoon character for the first time since Gambit, circa X-Men #45 (and that was back in the 90's, so I was... 16?).  <strong>I am a hopeless failure of an adult.
    </strong>Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Dude, whatever.  Gambit was f*cking hot.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• edited February 2012
    I am horrible at math, and I do science research for a living.  I mean it takes me probably 20x longer to figure something out numbers-wise than most people.  Once I figure it out I usually never forget how I got the answer thankfully.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:1fa27d8a-9a72-488d-b809-65e0c952e68c">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get my car washed once a year, if that. I keep the interior picked up and clean but I almost never get it fully cleaned.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't been to a car wash since...last spring, maybe?  And I've never washed my current car on my own.  When we moved here and actually have our own driveway instead of a parking lot/garage, I told myself I would start washing it myself.  Yeah, hasn't happened yet. </div>
  • I can't get into mac and cheese at all. I love cheese, and I like pasta, but for some reason I have no desire to eat them together. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:c4691244-2bad-4422-94c7-cff942facb01">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've seen Poison in concert three times. By choice</strong>. The Titanic Soundtrack was the first cd I bought for myself. I love my Uggs.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Me too!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:165f193b-3f0e-414d-b0cb-4ef91a08b747">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't get into mac and cheese at all. I love cheese, and I like pasta, but for some reason I have no desire to eat them together. 
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    Obviously you need to try Epic Mac and Cheese. That's the only answer.
  • I lick the flavour off chips before eating them. I don't know why but I always have. It kills my tongue but its so worth it.
  • I like ICP, too. One of my high school crushes was a juggalo. He was the lead singer in their band and he was effing hot.

I also like Slipknot. And Cannibal Corpse. And Napalm Death. And Amon Amarth. Nightwish. Sepultura. Lamb of God.

I think Rob Zombie is sexy.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't shave my legs between October and March.  At all.  I have very sensitive skin and no matter how much shaving cream and oil and crap I put on my legs they end up all tore up and razor burned and hurtful for a week afterwards.  And it's winter, and I don't care, even if Noodle bitches about it, because he still wants to do me so it obviously can't be THAT bad.

In fact, during the summer I only bother to shave below the knee because I don't wear shorts or any skirts longer than that.

• My car's exterior is for real nasty right now. With all the salty shiit on the roads, it is covered in crap and I don't even like touching the door handle. heh. But spending money on a car wash is like my least favorite way to spend money, I don't know why. If I get it washed, I go to one of the fanciest car washes around here, because I only want it to be perfect. Its either super gross dirty or amazing clean. No inbetween drive-thru car wash.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:3670224b-41dc-4463-ab19-500e33fdc51b">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't shave my legs between October and March.  At all.  I have very sensitive skin and no matter how much shaving cream and oil and crap I put on my legs they end up all tore up and razor burned and hurtful for a week afterwards.  And it's winter, and I don't care, even if Noodle bitches about it, because he still wants to do me so it obviously can't be THAT bad. In fact, during the summer I only bother to shave below the knee because I don't wear shorts or any skirts longer than that.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

The only reason I shaved several times in January was because of my wedding/HM. Now its back to hairy legs til I stop wearing pants every day. I waxed my legs for over a year so now the hair is super fine and grows sporadically anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:07b16e2f-d4e8-4f4e-a29d-1672bab6469b">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lick the flavour off chips before eating them. I don't know why but I always have. It kills my tongue but its so worth it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I do this with Doritos.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards