Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

How many readers are you having?

How many readers is everyone having? We're having a Lutheran church wedding and I have no idea how many to ask!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many readers are you having?

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had one reader who read both readings (saved time having two people switch.  I guess you could have as many readers as you have readings (typically two for a Lutheran weddings).
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Lutheran, I've seen one or two readers typically.

We're only having one reader though. I wanted to have my cousin do it, FI's uncle has done readings at several weddings, and I told FI he could do a reading if FI wanted him to, but he didn't seem to care, so my cousin is the only reader. It could change though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 1 reader (my grandma) who read 2 different scripture readings. It worked out great for us.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We'll probably have a couple, and they'll probably be in the WP.  They'll most likely read poems or something else of our choosing, since we're having the most non-religious ceremony possible without a JP.

• Options
    amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been leaning towards three but I better check with our pastor in case there's some problem. Thanks everyone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a Methodist ceremony, so I'm not sure about the standard for Lutheran ceremonies. 

We had three readings: my grandma picked a Bible verse, my friend Rob picked something from literature (he chose a passage from Tuesdays with Morrie) and Steve's friend Samantha picked a poem (she read Jenny Kissed Me). 

It worked out really well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 2 short readings that my godfather read, and 1 longer reading that Mike's godmother/aunt read.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    b.schugb.schug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had two readers. one who read two short readings and one who read a longer one
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards