Offbeat Weddings

Would you wear this under your dress? :)

We are getting married in Grand Cayman, right on the beach of a well known snorkel site. I always wanted to do a trash the dress shoot, so the idea struck me to don the snorkel equipment after our "nice" photos are taken, and hit the water for some unique pictures! Now, I don't care much about the dress getting destroyed obviously, but I am wondering... should I wear some swim bottoms under the dress? Swimming in a dress has its complications and I feel like I should be prepared! Then the question is: bright and colorful, or white?! Oh decisions!

Re: Would you wear this under your dress? :)

• I'm not sure about the order of your day... but what are you going to do for the reception if you go snorkeling in your dress and are soaking wet??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_would-you-wear-this-under-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:0944ee74-c181-41c9-9ad1-73e5b20a4376Post:03dc4ed7-1eb5-4b8d-baca-63d7d325b9a9">Re: Would you wear this under your dress? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure about the order of your day... but what are you going to do for the reception if you go snorkeling in your dress and are soaking wet??
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

It's a private ceremony... no guests, no reception, just us!
  • do it! why not ive been questing this as well, if its  private beach ceromony why the heck not but yes i would deff wear some swimming bottoms, choose a funky color bright BLUE if you need something blue ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_would-you-wear-this-under-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:0944ee74-c181-41c9-9ad1-73e5b20a4376Post:e7098a0b-9294-414b-b136-5df3e1ec1812">Re: Would you wear this under your dress? :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you wear this under your dress? :) : It's a private ceremony... no guests, no reception, just us!
    Posted by ah64_girl[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG, in that case - TOTALLY DO IT!!!! I love the idea of just the two of you literally taking the plunge ;)</div>
  • Such a cool idea!
    255313_3528328290997_1532703995_n
    We say, "I do" on July 12, 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • I love it, and that's actually a common thing on the Destination Weddings board for ladies that elope then do a TTD shoot right after in the water!
    I agree with PP, I think blue swim bottoms would be a fun 'something blue' :)
  • I think I will find some cute blue bottoms then! :)
  • Good one, sunnilove....I love the idea of bikini bottoms being your "something blue"!  You're obviously a fun, adventurous couple... why not go with a fun, adventurous color?
  • I did read an article once about someone drowning because her wet dress was too heavy...

Just practice some common sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards